Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Newbie help with Pioneer 2500 red switched power wire

ejcarl is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Newbie help with Pioneer 2500 red switched power wire

I'm attempting my very first install and need some wiring help, please! I have a Pioneer 2500 HU and am using a wiring harness for my GMC Sierra. Got all of the wire harness wires connected to the HU just fine. But the red switched power wire from the HU is not wired into the harness, it goes somewhere else. I am not sure where it goes to tap into the ignition power - maybe the fuse box? I've replaced fuses, but no other experience with the fuse box. So, I'm not sure how to attach the wire, (which has a square ending with a hole in it), if it attaches there - or somewhere else. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help an admitted newsbie.

Alaxan is offline Common Sense Guru

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejcarl
    I'm attempting my very first install and need some wiring help, please! I have a Pioneer 2500 HU and am using a wiring harness for my GMC Sierra. Got all of the wire harness wires connected to the HU just fine. But the red switched power wire from the HU is not wired into the harness, it goes somewhere else. I am not sure where it goes to tap into the ignition power - maybe the fuse box? I've replaced fuses, but no other experience with the fuse box. So, I'm not sure how to attach the wire, (which has a square ending with a hole in it), if it attaches there - or somewhere else. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help an admitted newsbie.

Not being familiar with you vehicle. I would say first.....double check that harness and see if there is a switched power wire. I am not familiar with much of ANY stereo that comes from a factory without a switched power so it should be there. Use your multimeter and check for the switched power. If you still do not find it you can run it to the fuse box , but make sure you find a slot that is switched and already has power on the other side.

-Alax
    CEO Alchemy Computer Systems

Questions or comments?
    Yahoo: Static_Lullaby_77
    AOL: StaticLulaby1977
    MSN: Alaxinlord@hotmail.com

Closed Thread