Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kenwood Flip front, stopped in the middle.

Ionlylookmean is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Kenwood Flip front, stopped in the middle.

i have a Kenwood KDC-9015 car stereo cd player, In my bronco.It has a removable face plate that when you turn it on or off the face plate flips 180 degrees ,so that its backwards when its off. One day it just stopped working, it flips out to 90 degrees and stops, nothing lights up, and thats all it does, it sits there like a little shelf, occasionally it folds flat , but it never comes on anymore ... mainly it sits at 90 degrees... I pulled the unit out and checked fuses, their good,, the unit is getting power, its just not working. It doesnt move everytime I turn the truck on, usually it just sits there at 90 degrees,Its not binding up or getting stuck,, occasionally it closes, but normally , its a shelf. i downloaded the owners manual online, but it says nothing about this ... If anyone can help I`d appreciate it,,
    Thanks, Steve.

bigwheel15 is offline Ooh Yeah!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood Flip front, stopped in the middle.

The ribbon cable connecting the faceplate and the unit itself went kaput. You can likely find a replacement cable for it on ebay and replace it. Ill try and find the walk through complete with pictures on how to repair it for it for ya.

Ionlylookmean is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood Flip front, stopped in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel15 View Post
    The ribbon cable connecting the faceplate and the unit itself went kaput. You can likely find a replacement cable for it on ebay and replace it. Ill try and find the walk through complete with pictures on how to repair it for it for ya.
    Thanks for the response,, I spoke to an installer today and he said this is the reason they dont make the flip fronts anymore,, any help you can give will save me money,, Thanks Bigwheel,
    My E-mail is,
    Ionlylookmean@aim.com

Closed Thread