Closed Thread

Reload Thread: let me know what u think about this for a start for an sq+ system

Unregistered Guest

Icon32 let me know what u think about this for a start for an sq+ system

first off the car is a new vw bug. the subs are gonna be 1 JL 15w3 and 2 10w3's. theses are gonna be hooked up to an autotec sx2300 giving the 15 400+ watts and the tens 200 watts each. up front in either running 2 pairs of JL XR525-cs or a set of XR635's running off of an autotec SX2100 givving each about 75 watts. im also taking sugjestions on alterations, headunits, and other equipment u might think i should add

thanks
    ed mcnicholas

mr.cableboi is offline Pimp Of The Year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what about just 2 12w3????

RockFord Fosgate owns

Unregistered Guest

my thought

hello,

in my car audio knowledge, which is quite well, i would say your going for spl, not sound quality. ive had 15's for years, they are no good at true sound quality, neither are ten's. remember, your car is a hatchback. you already have a 3 db gain. if it was my VW, and sound quality was my goal, i would go with 1, or 2 12's, autotek stealth series amps. 1 15" and 2 10's is not sound quality, its spl. remember less is more with sound quality. 8-inch subs are a true sound quality sub size. hell, ive had 5 inch subs in bandpasses that would meet the volume of two 12's.

so, either 8-inch, or 12 inch, with autotek stealth amps. autotech has been my amps for eternity, pure power.

Closed Thread