Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How to wire AudioControl LC6i on 05 silverado with bose - where to connect?

bigpeelz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to wire AudioControl LC6i on 05 silverado with bose - where to connect?

I have been searching on this and have come up empty. I am planning my full build for this weekend and am wondering where to connect to get a clean signal on the bose. I have heard before the amp, but I have also heard after the amp. the lc6i has the "autosumming" feature that allows you to take the low, mid, and high and sum them into one full range signal. Am i to assume that the 05 silverado with bose has multiple speaker levels based on range? If I am grabbing the signal before the amp why would I need to use this autosumming feature?

I have read that before the amp is easy and clean.

Here are a few diagrams on the lc6i
    https://resources.myeporia.com/Compa...les%20Note.pdf

the LC6 says that it is capable of handling 400 watts per channel.. what heck does this mean? Does that mean factory deck power? I wil be running a ton more power than this, and I have seen other setups with simular power using the same unit.. any ideas?

The rest of the system will be a pair of 10s under the seat run off an old school RF chrome 1100a2 and the front will be a pair of old a/d/s 6.5 components run off of a matching chrome 400.4 bridged stereo.

Any light that you could shed on this OEM integration project would be greatly appreciated.

Any other comments or advise on the system build would be appreicated.

If anyone has a wiring schematic on this truck that would be most hellpful!

Cheers,
    Last edited by bigpeelz; 09-30-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Closed Thread