Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Wiring a Clarion DXZ935 Head Unit, JL Audio 500.1 MonoBlock Amp, and a JL Audio 12W7

I8AYellowCrayon is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please Help!!!!!!!Wiring for amp!

I am lost. How do I wire a Clarion DXZ935 Head Unit to a JL Audio 500.1 amp which then runs to a 12"JL Audio w7 subwoofer? Someone please please help me. I am in desperate need of help someone please fully explain it to me or give me diagrams or reference me somewhere or something. please. thanks
    Last edited by I8AYellowCrayon; 06-29-2003 at 06:37 PM.

orionorion is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well to hook up a amp first you need to run you a power wire from your battery sounds like you'll need a 4 gauge wire and an inline fuse within 18" of your battery. then you have to put a ground wire as close as you can to your amp, you can ground it to any bolts on your vehicle that bolt into the body but get it as close to the amp as you can. then you have to run your remote wire from the back of your head unit which should be blue and a pair of rca cables from your head unit to your amp. then run your speaker wires from your amp to your subwoofer.

I8AYellowCrayon is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    where do you guys learn all of the electrical stuff? i have been look any and everywhere for information on it but I cannot seem to find any information anywhere but here when i post questions. is there any books i can get or websites i could visit in order to learn how to wire everything?

orionorion is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

er1kkull is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey yellow, just keep searching at sites like www.google.com about car audio and you will be able to find everything you need to know. If you give how much money you want to spend people on here can probably give you links to everythingyou will need to get to install. then someone can go through it with you.

Closed Thread