Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Problem with blaupunkt stereo.

sibbers89 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem with blaupunkt stereo.

I just bought a new Blaupunkt Melbourne SD27 stereo for my Peugeot 306 (1999).
    I managed to install it fine, and it works, but for some reason, after I have locked the car (clicked the button to alarm it), and then unlock it, the radio doesn't come on automatically with the ignition (even though I leave it on), and the clock and things like that have reset.
    In the manual it says it should come on with the ignition, if wired in correctly.
    My old factory installed radio came on with the ignition fine, and I've transferred all the wires that were in that into the new one.
    In all honesty it's a fairly minor problem, but one that for some reason really irritates me!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BoomBoomBoy is offline Supreme Veined Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Problem with blaupunkt stereo.

Sounds to me like you have the constant wire (yellow wire on harness) wired to an ignition switched power source. That's why all your stations have to be reset.

Either run a fused wire directly from your (+) battery post to underneath your dash and connect it to the yellow wire, or use a DMM to locate an existed constant hot wire (+12V).

On my Honda and all other cars I've owned, usually the cigarette lighter wire (the one on the end of the barrel (+12V) is always hot.

If you're going to be testing wires and dinking with 12V electronics, you really need one of these:

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...nt=Fluke29.jpg

I'll check back on this post later to see if you understood my reply or you can PM me.

sibbers89 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I really appreciate it
    I think I get what you mean. May have a go if I get some time tomorrow.
    However what I don't understand is that the old radio worked even with the ignition turned off, and I have transferred ALL of the wires over to the new one, yet it doesn't work without ignition...

BoomBoomBoy is offline Supreme Veined Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sibbers89 View Post
    Thank you very much for the quick reply. I really appreciate it
    I think I get what you mean. May have a go if I get some time tomorrow.
    However what I don't understand is that the old radio worked even with the ignition turned off, and I have transferred ALL of the wires over to the new one, yet it doesn't work without ignition...
    You can do the same thing with this radio. On the Blau's wiring harness, hook both the yellow and red wire to the wire you run from the battery or any other always hot wire you locate existing in the car.

The only bad thing about that is if you forget to switch off the radio everytime, you'll come back to a drained battery.

But it's your choice.

Closed Thread

User Tag List