Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How to wire a stereo with subs

caddycatera1997 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to wire a stereo with subs

Hey all,
    I have a 97 catera with the stock bose system. I will soon be adding 2 subs and an amp to the trunk and I would like to know how I can wire these to the stock stereo. If anyone here can help me, or knows a website that can, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I would like to know if you guys here know of any good cheap setups that I could use.

Thanks
    Andy

junocdx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its easy. Do you have Yahoo or AIM or MSN or ICQ or anything? It's much easier to step you through it with that.

But you can either get a line-out converter or something like that. You take your stock speaker wires and send them to the crossover, and then that converts the signal into RCAs. Then you just plug it all in. BUT.. if I'm not mistaken.. the Bose system comes with an amp and all this other stuff, so it will be just a little more complicated. Just hit one of us up on an instant messenger of some kind.

As far as the setup... Profile amps. They are almost dirt cheap, and an awesome product. Worth every penny you pay. It actually on depends on your budget, and you have to define "good cheap set up"

Closed Thread