Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Car won't start - battery/amplifier/in-line fuse??

rangness is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Car won't start - battery/amplifier/in-line fuse??

Hey Guys......i could really use your help on this as this problem has been bothering me and i'm having no luck finding it online.

Here are my basic details:

Car - 2002 Nissan Sentra
    HU - Eclipse CD-8443
    amp - JL Audio 300/4 from 2003
    Sub - none
    speakers - 4 6x4's

In 2003 i had the 4 car speakers hooked up to the two front amp channels and a 12 '' sub woofer to the rear amp channels. In 2007 my sub woofer was stolen so i just took my HU and amp out for 6 months. During the 6 months i put in a new car battery.

2 weeks ago i put the amp and HU back into the car with the same wiring (only using front amp channels) and speakers....NO sub-woofer. my problem now is that i enter the car with the keyless entry, go to start the car and the odometer just goes on and then fades out and no start or electrical. i then go to the battery, take the negative lead off and put it back on.....the car starts fine....power and sound coming out of HU. The next day or even 5-6 hours later, or if rain.....same thing happens in same order....car won't start.....but i just off/on the negative lead to battery and everything is good.

i have an in-line fuse near the battery and i took the fuse out one night and in the morning i was able to start my car with no problem. HU started up, so no sound. i take it b/c the amp wasn't powered up.

so what is going on????

Please help me.

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Car won't start - battery/amplifier/in-line fuse??

tighten your battery terminals

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

rangness is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

but two weeks ago when i reinstalled my system i was taking the negative terminal off....i tried pliers on the nut around negative lead and it would not budge......later i realized i could just lift it off. i'm pretty sure the pliers didn't loose at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rangness View Post
    but two weeks ago when i reinstalled my system i was taking the negative terminal off....i tried pliers on the nut around negative lead and it would not budge......later i realized i could just lift it off. i'm pretty sure the pliers didn't loose at all.
    thats whats killing your car. loose battery terminals will screw everything up

if they wont tighten down, buy some new ones. you can get em perdy cheap at walmart if you just want some basic ones, or you can pick up some fancy ones such as stinger or something.

pilyin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

There's your problem. New battery terminal at schucks for less than 5 bucks will solve your problem. Had that happen to me once except mine cracked.

Alpine 9886
    Diamond Audio H600S 6.5 comp
    Infinity Kappa 62.9i
    Diamond Audio D3 10"
    Alpine PDX 1.150
    Alpine PDX 1.1000
    Big three done.
    Yellow top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pilyin View Post
    There's your problem. New battery terminal at schucks for less than 5 bucks will solve your problem. Had that happen to me once except mine cracked.
    for being a washington member

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby5000 View Post
    thats whats killing your car. loose battery terminals will screw everything up

if they wont tighten down, buy some new ones. you can get em perdy cheap at walmart if you just want some basic ones, or you can pick up some fancy ones such as stinger or something.
    X2.................. Dude I had to pay a 120 dollar towing fee when I let my GF use my car for that very reason. negative popped off and she didn't know what to do. Didn't help that my battery is underneath the air filter either.
    Last edited by TurdFergueson2; 06-07-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Closed Thread