Closed Thread

Reload Thread: rockford fosgate p3 shallow mount subs

supercolts82 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rockford fosgate p3 shallow mount subs

(p3sd212) has anyone heard of these new subs, and what do they sound like? i have a 2002 ford f150 supercab and was going to put a single 12 inch dvc 2 ohm in a sealed vehicle specific enclosure under the rear passenger side seat. the box has .84 cubes of airpace and the sub is 400 watts rms. i also have a rockford punch 360 a2 amp ( its an older model, which i think are better) that will power it. source unit is a pioneer deh-p3000ib with eq's and sub output control. do u think this amp will be enough to get max performance out of the sub, and if so, how would you wire it? im not sure if this amp is 2 ohm stable. thanx for any input

stealr22 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: rockford fosgate p3 shallow mount subs

I have two of these in my silverado ext cab and they hit hard. im pushing them with fosgate p6002.
    I definetly recommend these.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright, thanx man. i think i'll get one

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did an install in a friends Scion Xb with a 10" pair of these and they were surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting the output they had, definitely worth it.

Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok, so people tend to like them. but wha about the other questions, does anyone have any input on those?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That amp is little on the higher side for that sub. The sub is rated for 400 watts, the amp puts out a rated 450 watts and from the reviews I read they bench tested around 580 watts. So you could use this amp, but you better make sure someone who knows what they're doing sets your gains for you or your gonna blow your sub. The sub says it's 400 watts RMS, and 800 watts max, this doesn't mean the sub is going to handle 800 watts of music. Quick bursts of power that high and it should handle it, but you really want to keep it at the RMS level.

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanx spl. now that you say that, i think i remember when i bought that amp a while back, it tested for 575 watts of clean power. i also went on rockfords websight and they have wiring diagrams as to how i should wire it for a 4 ohm load. thanx again

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supercolts82 View Post
    thanx spl. now that you say that, i think i remember when i bought that amp a while back, it tested for 575 watts of clean power. i also went on rockfords websight and they have wiring diagrams as to how i should wire it for a 4 ohm load. thanx again
    The 575 watts was at the 4 ohm load. So be careful using that sub and amp combo. A lot of RF amps are under rated, as are some of their Power series subs, not sure about the Punch series subs though.

Closed Thread