Closed Thread

Reload Thread: i think i need a new battery

bigdaddy_87_200 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 i think i need a new battery

When i driving at night with the lights on and the bangs really loud my lights they get darker when the bass hits in I HATE THAT.

George Grady

junocdx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey man.. I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but I think I speak for everyone with this. There is no need to make 4 different threads right after each other. Combine all of the threads into one, and ask all of your questions in that one. It's also easier for us to answer you if they are all combined. And if you're just going to state an opinion like you did in this one about hating your lights dimming, put it in the appropriate forum section man. If you want to know WHY or what you can do about your dimmage, ask a question.

Theres really only two things I can say about dimming. Either get a higher output alternator, or install a capacitor. Capacitors are the cheaper way to go, but the alt will help you in the long run. It really has nothing to do with your battery that I know of. You CAN put in an Optima Red Top, and it MIGHT help. Not too sure about that though

Kicker Rules!!! is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dimage

That doesn't mean that your battery is dying. Only that your putting a strain on your electical system. Try getting a cap or you may need to buy an audio battery. It depends on how much your pulling out of the car power. I had the same problem and I bought a Stinger 1 farad cap and it helped out a lot.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: ..

Originally posted by junocdx
    Theres really only two things I can say about dimming. Either get a higher output alternator, or install a capacitor. Capacitors are the cheaper way to go, but the alt will help you in the long run. It really has nothing to do with your battery that I know of. You CAN put in an Optima Red Top, and it MIGHT help. Not too sure about that though

hit the nail on the head.....basicly upgrade the alt....if the alt can supply the power needs of the car a new batt and cap wouldnt be needed......but it never hurts to upgrade to a good red top or deep cycle batt....

Closed Thread