Closed Thread

Reload Thread: subs won't work, checked wiring

burtonsnow83 is offline shred the gnar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

subs won't work, checked wiring

Ok, my bro has two infinity references and they just stoppwed working a few days ago, I checked the wires, the ground wire was good, the amp was getting power and the inline fuse was fine, everything was connected, what do you think could be the problem, its unlikely they are blown since he doesnt push them hard, tell me what you think

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/burtonsnow83

148.1 on the dash(rangerman's mic)

H/U -Alpine cda-9815
    Comps- CDT Cl61a
    Sub- 2 edk 12.44
    amps- Avionixx AXT 800.2
    Us acoustics usx2080
    box - 2 cubes each at 33 hz
    wiring-knukonceptz

All in an 02 xterra

junocdx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: subs won't work, checked wiring

Originally posted by burtonsnow83
    Ok, my bro has two infinity references and they just stoppwed working a few days ago, I checked the wires, the ground wire was good, the amp was getting power and the inline fuse was fine, everything was connected, what do you think could be the problem, its unlikely they are blown since he doesnt push them hard, tell me what you think
    Make sure EVERY wire is connected. Go from the speakers themselves, and follow to the amp, and then to the head unit. Then check your power cables and grounds and every fuse that is used in your radio power circuit thingy. Check the settings on the amp (gain, crossover if used, ect ect). Check the settings on your HU (balance, fader, volume <-- haha). If that doesn't work.. and you can't figure out anything else... then come back

BTW... does he have any other speakers right now? Do they work or are they gone too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I don't know anything technical that would cause this, but from personal experience, I have a suggestion. Check the wiring from the subs to the terminals inside of the box. I didn't tighten mine enough and one of the wires came off of its terminal after a while of pounding the sub. Hope you figure it out.

Closed Thread