Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New here, looking for install info for my truck

For starters, I am not at all an audio expert... please be gentle if I ask stupid questions.

First off, I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 without the Bose system and with Onstar (but no current subscription). I have talked to many different shops here (are there any good reputable independent shops in DFW?) and I have gotten different answers. I want to keep the onstar features, as well as my steering wheel controls but I get different answers on which adapter is needed and the prices vary wildly from like $75-$200 for just the main harness.

I want to install an AVIC-D3X setup in my truck, and I think I will try to do it myself. I have installed amps before and I have not had any problems with that, but this might prove to be more difficult. I should be able to enlist the help of some friends if needed so I am not too worried about it.

So far, it looks like the best deal I have found for the D3X package is online from sonicelectronix.com, has anyone gotten anything from them on here before? I have read some good reviews, and very few bad ones, but I wanted to hear from people here before I buy.

Also, is there a guide (step by step) for an install on a Chevy truck (1500, 2500, Tahoe, etc?) as they all have the same dash...

I have also seen some shallow mount subs, and while I realize it won't sound anywhere near as good as a full depth sub, space is a premium in my truck and I just want a little bass. Are there any to stay away from? I also still have a MTX 282 amp that I would like to use to push it, and a single 10 would make me happy.

bird_dog0347 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New here, looking for install info for my truck

No one???

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1163 Post(s)

Theres a group of guys on here from DFW, so maybe one of them can help you out. I'm sure some of them will chime in soon...

SethPhillips is offline I'sa Playa

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

those trucks are a pice of cake to install in..

first you will need ur wire harness, if you want to retain on-star, and work the bose amp. the wire harness for that is usually near or over 100.00. then ur dash kit, and anttena adapter..

to take the factory radio out you need to turn the ign on, but dont start the truck. and put it in low or 1 gear ( if it's an automatic and the shifter is on the steering colum ) then just pull the trim that gose around the radio, and gage cluster ect. toward you... then the radio comes out by depressing two tabs on the left and right side or 3-4 7mm bolts... and then you install ur radio...
    any questions pm me.

Closed Thread

User Tag List