User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Ok, What/how much do I need? Big 3..ordering Knu.

LaserRed38 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, What/how much do I need? Big 3..ordering Knu.

I made a thread about my wiring last week, but decided to just make a new one. Does anyone know approximately how much I will need? I have a 2000 Mustang. I want to do the Big 3 with 1/0, then do a run of 1 or 2 gauge back to my AX 5600. It accepts 1 gauge, so should I just do 1 gauge from the battery back? Please break down a list of everything I will need to do this. Fuse holders, battery terminals, connectors, etc. I want to order everything from Knu Koncetpz, but their site is down, so I was just going to get it all off their ebay store. I want to get new speaker wire too. How much will I need for my comps? I am going active so I will need enough for the two tweets and two mids. Can I use the same gauge for both? Also, for my 10" ME sub that I am about to get, should I get some 8 gauge for that? So please tell me all that I need from here:

http://stores.ebay.com/KnuKonceptz-c...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Thanks in advanced. If you know anyone selling anything used, I wouldn't mind. I want the red 1/0 power wire and black 1/0 ground. I'd also like the twisted speaker wire...
    Last edited by LaserRed38; 02-29-2008 at 08:48 PM.

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Alpine CDA-9835 - Audison LRx5.1k - Hertz MLK 2 TM - Hertz ML1600 - Hertz HX300
    Audison Wiring - Optima Red Top - Dynamat Extreme
    Refs
    [Bought from] dcmcki, 90accordman, MikeyB, itzme218, redcalimp5, SVT_RELAMPAGO, Johnny_Drama, RollinGTO, Fast1One, tc3k101, ramk1018, Brian_Smith06, John_Pionke, BigOso, TeamPSI, pickup1, PatFitz9, pro-rabbit, oldschoolboomer
    [Sold to] darqnez, tipnitty, Mugatu0, MrChow, nineball, SocialStealth, macq32, .livin.loud., slappinX, GlassEyez, Jeremy M, Honez
    [Traded with] James Bang, MovnZ28

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ok, What/how much do I need? Big 3..ordering Knu.

Ttt

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Refs
    [Bought from] dcmcki, 90accordman, MikeyB, itzme218, redcalimp5, SVT_RELAMPAGO, Johnny_Drama, RollinGTO, Fast1One, tc3k101, ramk1018, Brian_Smith06, John_Pionke, BigOso, TeamPSI, pickup1, PatFitz9, pro-rabbit, oldschoolboomer
    [Sold to] darqnez, tipnitty, Mugatu0, MrChow, nineball, SocialStealth, macq32, .livin.loud., slappinX, GlassEyez, Jeremy M, Honez

fbi90909 is offline Panty Thief

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tape measure is your friend.
    measure the length of your car from bumper to bumper. set that as the lenght of your power wire. measure a lenght from your alt to your battery in the trail it would take, wether it's around the engine bay or direct. measure the distance from engine ground to chassis ground. measure the distance from battery to chassis ground. add the ground distance from amp to chassis.
    count how many fuses you will need on what power wires you are using.
    speaker wire.
    measure the distance from each of your tweets all the way to your HU or your amp. measure the distance from each of the mids all the way to the HU or the amp then multiply that times 2.
    measure the distance from the sub to the sub amps mounting position.
    then add 2-5 feet to every total distance of every type of wire being used.

don't be lazy. can't have everything handed down to you.
    if you don't want to go out and get some rough esitimates of lenght. then just buy multiple 100ft rolls of w/e wire you are going to use. then sell the excess.

i will not put **** or outside links in my signature again. if i do i will be banned. all hail the moderators.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Thanks....duh!! I'm just really busy and don't have my own tape measurer here at college. On that note, I'm going to go out and pick one up right now. I know I need to fuse the batt-amp power wire obviously, but do I need to fuse the alt-batt wire? Some say yes, some say it isn't necessary.

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Refs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRed38 View Post
    but do I need to fuse the alt-batt wire? Some say yes, some say it isn't necessary.
    that is your decision there. i went w/o fusing my alt to batt, been going for well over a year.

i will not put **** or outside links in my signature again. if i do i will be banned. all hail the moderators.

TIeclipseMOJO is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRed38 View Post
    but do I need to fuse the alt-batt wire? Some say yes, some say it isn't necessary.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunt1988 View Post
    I dont ever remember puking in daylight. lol. Thats hardcore.
    Eclipses (sold): 145.7 @ 46hz TL

REFS: CRXBMPN -- Lil_KB -- TheMan007 -- thorshammer1 -- wgsj_fortvalley -- GnFnRs -- integra88

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See? I think I will to be on the safe side. What size fuse for stock alt and batt then, if I'm using 1/0? I believe the stock alt is 130 amps in the Mustang..

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Refs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could go with a 150-200amp fuse. or get the fuse to match the amerage rated for the 1/0guage.

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just got 10 feet of the KLM 0 gauge wire from Knu and 6 ring ends to do my big 3. i won't be using a fuse. i'll just make sure i don't screw it up.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

Closed Thread