Closed Thread

Reload Thread: AUX Volume problem

JJIndomitable is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AUX Volume problem

I have a Pioneer DEH-3000 and wanted to install a AUX jack on my dash, when I look on the back of the unit I noticed there were 2 sets of RCA inputs one labeled front and the other rear. I made up a RCA jack that would plug into both (front and rear) and in to my MP3 player. It all works fine but I can only use the volume on the MP3 player, this makes for a overall low volume. I would like to use the unit volume; I’m not too worried about distortion. Do I have it wired correctly or is there something I can do in the unit itself? Do I need to use a Amp? Thanks

KaeZoo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: AUX Volume problem

I would suggest that you use a head unit with an actual Auxiliary input. The RCA jacks on the back of your deck are outputs, not inputs; they're not meant to be used in the way you're using them. Your deck is not equipped with an Aux input, or any means of adding one.

southwest713 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow ur HU is not messed up yet?

Refs:
    arabretard...MoeLester...Vincent9515...Davidfre21. ..midwestcustoms3...jciu...qcsfinest704...alxmlr78 9...bigbirney420

System in Progress:
    H/U: Eclipse CD5030
    Comps: Front: Image Dynamics CXS64 / Rear: Infinity Kappa 6.5s
    Subs: 1 12" IDMax
    Amps: AudioQue 1200D & Eclipse XA4000

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, it sounds like I could have hurt my Head unit. I was looking around and found this Hack (http://www.stereophonik.com/gutterslide/IP-BUS_Hack/)
    Do you think this would work?

fbi90909 is offline Panty Thief

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

save yourself the trouble and buy the IP-Bus cable off ebay for less than 10 dollars.

i will not put **** or outside links in my signature again. if i do i will be banned. all hail the moderators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "hack" won't work for you. Even if you purchased the Pioneer adapter, it's only for head units that are designed to use the P-bus plug as an aux input. Yours is not equipped with that feature.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am a little confused, I looked on my faceplate and it says Pioneer DEH-P3000. then I look at my owners manual and it says that it is for DEH-P400, P300, and P200. the manual says that there is room to expand to a CD Changer witch I don’t have, I assume that the CD Changer hooks up through the IP BUS in the back of the unit. Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t the CD Changer act as a AUX input, so wouldn’t I be able to use the hack that I posted earlier?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Pioneer CD changer would hook up to the P-bus input, correct. However, without an actual CD changer to communicate with the head unit, you wouldn't be able to select CD Changer as a source. The P-Bus aux input on the page you linked (and the actual P-Bus aux input available from Pioneer) can't fool the deck into thinking there's a CD changer in place.

Newer Pioneer head units have a built-in function to turn on an auxiliary input through the P-Bus. If you read carefully on the "hack" page, it tells you that you need to activate this function. However, your older deck isn't equipped with this feature.

Closed Thread