Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question reguarding the amount of Amperes

Ok so the stock alt on my blazer is only 90A, WTF was Chevy thinking??? Anyways I've done some research and realized that with my 2-ch Kenwood and my RE35-1D both running that they will pull in total 90 amperes from my alt!!!!!!!!! Fawk!!!!! That means there will be no juice left over for the rest of m car. So my question is, if I were to upgrade my alt somehow, what would be a good number of Amperes to have at my disposal to allow for the rest of my car to get the power it needs. I was told I should have atleast 20a left over after figuring in the power draw from my amps.

Gauntlet is offline bulletproof

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Question reguarding the amount of Amperes

Originally posted by Mindspin311
    Ok so the stock alt on my blazer is only 90A, WTF was Chevy thinking??? Anyways I've done some research and realized that with my 2-ch Kenwood and my RE35-1D both running that they will pull in total 90 amperes from my alt!!!!!!!!! Fawk!!!!! That means there will be no juice left over for the rest of m car. So my question is, if I were to upgrade my alt somehow, what would be a good number of Amperes to have at my disposal to allow for the rest of my car to get the power it needs. I was told I should have atleast 20a left over after figuring in the power draw from my amps.
    I'd say get it rewound to at least 125....

"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,
    but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."
    - Slug

Closed Thread

User Tag List