Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2007 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate - Aftermarket HU help (stock amp)

Bun-Bun is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

2007 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate - Aftermarket HU help (stock amp)

So I have a CDA-9887 HU that I love and want to put into my new car. However local shops tell me I have to bypass the stock amp and since I dont feel like running all new wire and put in my amps what can I do?

Is there such a module to use the stock amp with my HU? Is it worth it?

My biggest concern is the HU not having enough power for the spekers and loseing the stock sub (although the stock sub does ****...) as right now I dont get any distortion with the stock speakers and amp and it sounds not bad.

However in the future I plan to upgrad to 6.5's components all around and run custom wireing to everyting with some good amps but for now I just want something better then stock.

azeroth123 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2007 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate - Aftermarket HU help (stock amp)

if you want to keep using the stock amp, (if you get amps in the future you're definitely going to want to bypass it) you're going to need to do some splicing with open ended rca's. They have em at radioshack, just solder on the the rca plugs to the current wires that are going into the stock amp and you should be good to go.

Bun-Bun is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Re: 2007 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate - Aftermarket HU help (stock amp)

Quote Originally Posted by azeroth123 View Post
    if you want to keep using the stock amp, (if you get amps in the future you're definitely going to want to bypass it) you're going to need to do some splicing with open ended rca's. They have em at radioshack, just solder on the the rca plugs to the current wires that are going into the stock amp and you should be good to go.
    Local shop says the amp takes LFE and you can't just hook RCA's up to it... but I know modules exist to take high powered outputs and convert them to RCA pre-outs...

Bah ill just put in my HU and get some memphis PR 5x7's until I can afford to wire in a Alpine 4 channle and get some good components...

Closed Thread

User Tag List