Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Wiring issue? Amps cutting out, need help!

kidwolf909 is offline Never Enough Money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wiring issue? Amps cutting out, need help!

***I realize I posted this in the wrong section, so maybe here I'll get more help***

Well unfortunately, we've got problems. The amps keep cutting out on me randomly, but typically at higher volumes. However, when I wiggle the wire that feeds the inline fuse between the battery and the distibution block, the amps cut out and then wiggle some more and they come back. I also notice sparks jumping across the fuse in the inline holder when you wiggle the wire!!! One wiggle it actually arced completely across the fuse and the amps went dead again... Sometimes it'll work fine for 45 minutes and then cut out, others only minutes. Sometimes the fronts go out briefly and the sub stays, but the fronts come right back...

Now what I cannot understand is that if it were to be a surge of power, then the fuses would blow, but they haven't. And if it's not enough power, then why does it work sometimes and not others... Now all i can figure is just crank down my connections as much as I possibly can and see what happens. The only thing that the amps share is power and ground and both of them almost always go out together and react in the same way with a blinking blue light. I called Alpine Tech and they had no clue whatsoever and said maybe a speaker is bad, but this is BS as all speakers including sub fire when they're working.

If anyone has seen this before please help me out! I'm running on original battery and stock alt if it makes a difference... system total is 900wrms at FULL tilt, so it should have enough power... I don't get it. I'm runnign 4AWG wire to the back, with an inline fuse (120amp) and my amps only draw 110amps total. There's a distribution block in the back splitting the power lead, and both amps are grounded to the same location.

Thanks in advance though :-\

htownplaya456 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wiring issue? Amps cutting out, need help!

Change that fuse. Some times the fuse can be bad. BTW what kind of fuse do you have that is arcing like that? ANL, AGU, Mini ANL, MAXI, etc.?

Current setup:
    stock, I don't want anything in my car.

Traded With: Biker911
    Refs: rtillaree, viveet, Corey J., mazdakid, vrpokerman1, MisterGrubbs

kidwolf909 is offline Never Enough Money

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wiring issue? Amps cutting out, need help!

Quote Originally Posted by htownplaya456 View Post
    Change that fuse. Some times the fuse can be bad. BTW what kind of fuse do you have that is arcing like that? ANL, AGU, Mini ANL, MAXI, etc.?
    It'd a Mini ANL inline. I don't know where to buy those besides online, but I'll try around :-\

Closed Thread