Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Pioneer Deck question...

  1. #1
    Burnout's Avatar
    Burnout is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Pioneer Deck question...

    I have a Pioneer DEH-p44. I recently installed an amp. The amp does work and it is getting power. The sub will not work. It seems that the CD player is not sending a signal through the RCA cables. The subwoofer indicator on the faceplate. It says in the owners manual to "Press AUDIO to select SUB.W." which will turn on the sub output but it doesn't appear in the display. What am I doing wrong?







  2. #2
    Jacobs's Avatar
    Jacobs is offline JIMMY GO BOOM BOOM



    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kingsville, Ont. Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your pressing 'audio' more then once right? Its more like a menu and u have to hit it a few times then once u get to sub w. press the up arrow to turn it on, down to turn it off. If that doesn't work you could always hook your subs to the rear output and set your LPF on your amp if it has one..



    Loud music is good... Loud music that is clear is better
    ______________________________
    2002 GMC Jimmy

    hu - pioneer primer DEH-P630
    Sub amp-JLaudio 500/1
    Speaker Amp-Pioneer GM-X564
    subs-pioneer Primer TS-W1241DVC
    6X9's-Pioneer TS-A6985
    pioneer primer TS-C504 component speakers

  3. #3
    Burnout's Avatar
    Burnout is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, what I meant was "SUB:W" was not in the audio menu. There are two sets of preamps on my deck. One is right in the deck and the other is on a wire which is a front output, I think. I have my RCA cables connected to the preamps in the deck.




  4. #4
    Jacobs's Avatar
    Jacobs is offline JIMMY GO BOOM BOOM



    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kingsville, Ont. Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If theres only 2 sets chances are you dont have a sub woofer out. So just connect it to the rear output hook that into your amp and on your amp set the LPF. disadvantage with that is u can turn the subs off or set a HPF on your deck. and if it doesn't have sub outs then it prob. wont have a remote wire, so just hook that up to the 12V ignition wire (I believe it's the orange one)



    Loud music is good... Loud music that is clear is better
    ______________________________
    2002 GMC Jimmy

    hu - pioneer primer DEH-P630
    Sub amp-JLaudio 500/1
    Speaker Amp-Pioneer GM-X564
    subs-pioneer Primer TS-W1241DVC
    6X9's-Pioneer TS-A6985
    pioneer primer TS-C504 component speakers

  5. #5
    ChefJoe's Avatar
    ChefJoe is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    34
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hrm, I had some problems with cycling through the settings for my deck. It's confusing because there's little clauses at the end of each audio section about what excludes what options. I ended up having to read the audio section a few times to get to all the settings. Make sure you turn off any HPF on the deck itself before trying to do any settings to the sub.



    97 VW Jetta - building a system from parts in my old 85 Jetta
    HU: Pioneer P740MP with 12 disc changer
    Front: 3.5" JBL GTO302s in dash
    5.25" Cerwin Vega Vega Series 502s in door
    Amped: US Acoustics USX-2050 @ 2 ohm

    Rear: Stock components
    Sub: Single 12" Vega 124 in a cheap bandpass box
    Sub Amp:US Acoustics USX-2150 bridged

  6. #6
    Dreamworkz's Avatar
    Dreamworkz is offline Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Dreamwerkzinstallz
    Age
    30
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer Deck question...

    Originally posted by Burnout
    I have a Pioneer DEH-p44. I recently installed an amp. The amp does work and it is getting power. The sub will not work. It seems that the CD player is not sending a signal through the RCA cables. The subwoofer indicator on the faceplate. It says in the owners manual to "Press AUDIO to select SUB.W." which will turn on the sub output but it doesn't appear in the display. What am I doing wrong?
    Did u run a remote b/c in order to get a signal u must have the remote wire hooked up to amp to turn on ( a blue wire with a strip or could be just solid blue one of the two.)



    Dreamwerkzinstallz 03.

  7. #7
    maylar's Avatar
    maylar is offline Electrical Weenie



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    62
    Posts
    3,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Don't use the sub option on the Pioneer, it changes your rear speaker channels to subs too. The 2 RCA outputs are rear (on the deck) and front (the 2 wires). You are correct in using the rears to the sub amp.

    Run your sub amp with a lowpass setting of about 80 Hz. It won't matter that the input from the HU is full range.

    All you need to do is have power to your amp, and the remote from HU to amp. My Pioneer labels the remote as power antenna. Does the amp power light come on?



    dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

  8. #8
    Burnout's Avatar
    Burnout is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by maylar
    Don't use the sub option on the Pioneer, it changes your rear speaker channels to subs too. The 2 RCA outputs are rear (on the deck) and front (the 2 wires). You are correct in using the rears to the sub amp.

    Run your sub amp with a lowpass setting of about 80 Hz. It won't matter that the input from the HU is full range.

    All you need to do is have power to your amp, and the remote from HU to amp. My Pioneer labels the remote as power antenna. Does the amp power light come on?
    Yes, the power light does come on. So the deck should be sending a signal through the RCA cables at all times when it's on?




  9. #9
    maylar's Avatar
    maylar is offline Electrical Weenie



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    62
    Posts
    3,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Burnout
    Yes, the power light does come on. So the deck should be sending a signal through the RCA cables at all times when it's on?
    Yes, as long as the front/rear fader is not set all the way to the front.



    dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum