Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 Components in 2001 Accord

I have a set of MA Audio 6.5 components that im trying to install in my 2001 accord . The factory speakers used a adapter plate to space them off the door , My component mids will not fit through the adapter , even after i cut it! I cant install them without some kind of spacer because they hit the glass. So my question is does anyone know where I can find some kind of spacer or plastic material like the factory piece to enclose it and space it out? Where do I mount the crossover for the component set also? Im lost on this one! Also , I have a audiobank equalizer/line driver , it only shows main input , front , rear , and sub non fading outputs! Should I just use this for the subs or should I use it for subs and mids and highs? If so for all speakers , which set off the h/u do I use to go into the main input of the eq? Thanks and sorry for all the questions! Any help is greatly appreciated ! Its been a few years since I have did any car audio , obviously!

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dcrider is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The grill is not a problem , i have plenty of space off the door. I just dont have any space in the door! Do you know where I can find spacers or material to make them? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

walmartaudioineffectyo

couldn't you make the spacers out of wood? I got a jigsaw for 20 bucks at walmart and it has helped me do a lot of things like make butch plates for the 6x9 boxes that I also got at walmart another good thing to do is get the sticky foam sheets in the craft dept there for like 50 cents and slapem on either side of the spacers that you make so you get a good seal the foamies compress when you screw it all together and keep the wood from vibrating and stuff I think that is what you are trying to do right? get the speaker out off the door more so you have enough mounting depth? I am planning on stuffing a set of infinity 4x6 plates, just like the ones i have in the rear deck, into the 5 inch openings in my doors so let me know what you come up with I think I looked it up in crutchfield though and the mounting depth will not be a problem. oh yea walmart has the biggest database in the world next to the fedz...scary huh?

Refs: Diyma.com, Caco.com

DarkHemprey is offline Allen Iverson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i would go to wal-mart and do buy the stuff he told u to get and plus wal-mart has alotta of things espiecially the super wal-marts so check out WALLY WORLD
    -2pk-

Aim: DarkHemprey
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    -----------------------------------------------
    3rd Place District's 2nd place State

Closed Thread

User Tag List