Closed Thread

Reload Thread: HELP!!! New amp install screwing up my idle!

DeuceLee is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HELP!!! New amp install screwing up my idle!

finally got my 1/0 and installed them on my new clarion dpx11500...

if i come to a stop or just on neutral or park, it idles at 500rpm, then it'll bounce to like 600, go directly down to 400, jump to 500, go directly down to 300, keeps on bouncing up and down little by little until it dies if i leave it in park, or don't move for like 5 seconds...

my 02 camry regularly idles at 750...its got a beefy decent size battery, just did the big three with 1/0, alternator to battery with 250amp fuse, battery to ground, and battery ground directly to engine...

i'm confused as heck...if i disconnect the turn on lead, the amp is off obviously and the idle goes back to normal...

the messed up part is that this happens as long as the amp is on, doesn't matter if i don't have anthing on the cd player, so long as the cd player is on and the amp is told to turn on...

whats going on? plz help...

Refs - PESteele, xploit2, djdilliodon, RyanM923, yama168, Amalan, Corollacrazy42, zues, twistedfreak, ZeusMoose15, jesse59672, Mynameismcgyver

FS: (2) RSD 12's - $130 shipped: (1) TC9 10" - $110 shipped

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: HELP!!! New amp install screwing up my idle!

Sometimes it doesn't take much to cause a vehicle's electrical system to go haywire. A small difference in electrical load can confuse your vehicle's computer. Especially if the factory electrical is getting just a smidgen less voltage than is required. The problem could also be anywhere from a bad amp ground drawing power to interference with the throttle position sensor (TPS). A headache of a troubleshoot.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natem33 View Post
    Sometimes it doesn't take much to cause a vehicle's electrical system to go haywire. A small difference in electrical load can confuse your vehicle's computer. Especially if the factory electrical is getting just a smidgen less voltage than is required. The problem could also be anywhere from a bad amp ground drawing power to interference with the throttle position sensor (TPS). A headache of a troubleshoot.
    thanks for the tips bro...

yeah its super strange that this didn't happen when i had my soundstream pic1.1700d and this one is causing all this mess...

but this situation seems to be what you're describing...

Refs - PESteele, xploit2, djdilliodon, RyanM923, yama168, Amalan, Corollacrazy42, zues, twistedfreak, ZeusMoose15, jesse59672, Mynameismcgyver

MSimz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would also re-check the connections on your big 3, just to be safe. Might as well start at the beginning. G/L.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have no idea, but after nearly a week of doing this, it kind of corrected itself and its all back to normal now...even with the amp on...

thank God i guess

Closed Thread