Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New head unit, worked perfectly, now no sound PLS HELP

lousyradio is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 New head unit, worked perfectly, now no sound PLS HELP

Alright I have a few..unique circumstances. First off this was my first head unit installation, and the car is a 1979 Trans am, not the most..user friendly for electrical installations. But I had a casette that came with the car, but took it out for a Head unit from circuit city. It is a JVC KD-S590, and I had it all wired up and it worked fine. A little static in the sound, but I hadn't finalized the wireing. So I was driving along and it just stops working. I get home and check the wireing and it's all fine. I finalized the power connections and it turns on fine, and even plays. But I hooked up the speakers and they dont emit any sound. No matter what the volume, I don't even get static. I emailed JVC, but they should "get back to me within 5 days" and the nearest JVC retailer is about 45 minutes away. Everything looks to be working fine, and no fuse is blown. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to fix this or what. Thanks in advance.

Gauntlet is offline bulletproof

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well....if the HU powers on and plays the CD, but the speakers dont get any sound whatsoever.....its either a bid wiring connection, which you seem to have confirmed it isnt, or a fried internal amp....i'd make a trip to the JVC retailer and see what they can do.......you have a warranty on it?

"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,
    but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."
    - Slug

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe

Well I didn't get the optional circuit city warrenty, but it should have the manufacterors warrenty shouldn't it. I baught the thing yersterday.

Gauntlet is offline bulletproof

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You should have a 30 or 90 day warranty or something to that effect no matter what.

And with the people at Circuit City, just complain and bit*h until they replace it. Threaten to sue, say you will kill their parents, tell them you have a butcher knife and are not hesitant about slashing their tires, etc etc etc. Managers at CC and BB give in pretty easily, I speak from experience.

"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,
    but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."
    - Slug

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alright, well I just took a voltage meter to the HU's speaker output wires, and it says that it is putting out DC power, and that they should be going to the speakers. Would that still happen with a blown fuse?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And I took the same meter and switched to AC to see if the speakers were making a complete circuit and they were.

quiimari is offline I Am Tiger Woods

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you have an old car, you might have a grounded speaker. Thats what happened to me. I took it into a shop and they fixed it for 20$.

God is dead
    - Nietzche
    Nietzche is dead
    - God

MrJollie is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, a grounded speaker could be causing the problem, i just encountered that recently. make sure that the parts of the speakers where the wires attach, are not touching the metal of the car. i just placed electrical tape over everything metal, that was around these parts. the only other thing i could think of is perhaps you accidentally turned off your internal amp in the player itself. my h/u has an option where you can do this. mine is different from yours though. good luck, and let us know what happened!!!

Closed Thread