Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Amp problems

I have an Orion 2250 sx bridged at 4 ohm mono to 2 solo baric 10s the amp comes on when i first turn my truck on but after about a couple of minutes it shuts down and does not come back on unless I turn the volume all the way up it never seems to play at low volumes any ideas what may be wrong thank you

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

Re: Amp problems

You using RCA's or speaker level inputs? Could be an issue with the trigger wire. Run a temp wire straight from BATT POS to the Remote on the amp and see if it stays on. I'm assuming it's not going into protection.

AcidicDreams is offline I don't need one of these

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Amp problems

Quote Originally Posted by cWb707 View Post
    I have an Orion 2250 sx bridged at 4 ohm mono to 2 solo baric 10s the amp comes on when i first turn my truck on but after about a couple of minutes it shuts down and does not come back on unless I turn the volume all the way up it never seems to play at low volumes any ideas what may be wrong thank you
    is it really loud at volume? what are you gains set at? does the amp shutoff or just not play?

Driving a 2003 Lexus GS430 and a 1996 Lexus LS400
    GS430 - Massive RK Tweets/Crossovers + Phass MW650 NEO Mids, JBL GTO 755.6 amp, IDQ12v2 in 1cu ft sealed substage

Refs: CA.com - excelerater, fosgate140, 99StangGt, desertheat, Frito, digital mint, dkguitarist, BoominBeast (didn't scam me), Fast1one, shiipseki, newtitan, Scoobydoo, spudracer326, sr_se-r, redlinese-r, James Bang, tweet02, effenay, and Mike Dressure ::: ECA - BBOYSTEVIE, Need-SQ ::: DIYMA - macxx, Kuztimrodder (very happy), and azngotskills

Closed Thread

User Tag List