Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is it okay to leave power wires in the vehicle while there is no system in it?

JarvisB is offline JarvisB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it okay to leave power wires in the vehicle while there is no system in it?

I have no system in my vehicle right now..

I didnt want to take my power wires off because it is a hassle and I m going to get a new system sometime soon..

So I wrapped up the ends of the ground and power with tape..

I was just wondering if it should be ok? I dont want to end up burning my vehicle to death lol..

2002XLT is offline Thats right bishes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is it okay to leave power wires in the vehicle while there is no system in it?

hope not, i did the same thing...

Refs-
    http://forums.explorerx.com/index.php?showtopic=11984
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245865 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...59#post3482859
    Ebay Feedback- http://myworld.ebay.com/lilchard1969/

Vehicle-
    2002 Explorer XLT
    R1 Concepts Cross drilled/slotted rotors w/ performance pads, K&N FIPK Intake, Removed roof racks, Debadged, Tinted tails, Clear Corners, Upper and lower Billet Grilles,5% Tint all the way around

Stereo- All stock.

SethPhillips is offline I'sa Playa

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is it okay to leave power wires in the vehicle while there is no system in it?

just as long as the fuse is out fo the fuse holder for the power wire and the rem. turn on wire is taped up ..... then ur goooood

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

same here... just make sure that you have em taped up well

2x SAZ-1500 for SALE 310+ship ea
    RE MT 18" w/ juggaurnaut recone For Sale 320+ shipping

Dakota Work Log

References
    Bought From: IonSQL, PhatTonyDeMarco, nikosbuddy, spudracer326, RoLLaxPhile, hessdawg, JonMR2turbo, GohillaAudio, BushJ311
    Sold To: saturnspl1991, gbz007, SVT RELAMPAGO(3x Box Build),alex5897, David187, bland

hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

un hook it from the battery and just leave the wire ran. you'll have to unhook it to put in the new one anyway.

2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kcdc30 View Post
    un hook it from the battery and just leave the wire ran. you'll have to unhook it to put in the new one anyway.
    ummm if you just unhook it then youd have a loose wire moving around in the engine. like said above just take the fuse out and ur good.

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

JarvisB is offline JarvisB

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright.. many thanks for the inputs...

DemonaL is offline Da MaStAH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRim23 View Post
    ummm if you just unhook it then youd have a loose wire moving around in the engine. like said above just take the fuse out and ur good.
    Yeah the easiest way is just to take the fuse out, or tape the wires up pretty good...

2008 Tahoe
    x2 Sundown 3000D's
    x3 IA DP 15"
    Alpine IVA-W505
    EA 300 Amp Alt
    Kinetik 2400
    x4 Powermaster 3100's - coming soon
    REFS: DUMPED, IonSQL, Teecee, LMS, astrolade

hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRim23 View Post
    why would you leave it loose i'll concede that pulling the fuse is fine, but, don't be an ass just for the sake of being an ass.

2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kcdc30 View Post
    why would you leave it loose i'll concede that pulling the fuse is fine, but, don't be an ass just for the sake of being an ass.
    i really wasnt but when you give someone advice on how to do something you kinda have to be clear on what you are saying.

im sure he knew not to just leave it loose but some people take things literal. thats all. dont be so touchy. if you are going to offer advice maybe think before you talk? i dont know just a thought...

guys are sensitive around here.....

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

Closed Thread