Closed Thread

Reload Thread: DXZ575USB no sound problem

tcorrin is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DXZ575USB no sound problem

Hi,

I just installed a DXZ575USB and im having a problem.

the cd player / usb does not have any sound. the radio works fine, but whenever playing a real cd / mp3 cd / mp3s from a usb drive there wont be any sound output. the interface detects the songs (shows the mp3 titles) and the proper song lengths and moves along like its playing the song but there is no sound playing. the radio plays fine and there is no sound issue with that, just the usb / cd player.

I returned the first unit, and the second one does the same thing. The only thing I can think of is its some sort of wiring issue or setting.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

kross is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DXZ575USB no sound problem

Sounds like you wired the remote turn-on lead to the power antenna wire. The power antenna wire is only hot when the radio is on, not CD or mp3 or usb or whatever.

On most aftermarket HU's, there's a solid blue wire and a blue/white wire. One is power antenna and one is for turning on the amps. Use the opposite one from the one you're currently using.

kross is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DXZ575USB no sound problem

Of course, I made the assumption you were using an external amplifier. A quick verification, without having to pull the HU out and rewire anything, is to look at the amp and see if the power light goes out when you switch from radio to CD, etc. If so, you know that's the problem. If not, well then something else is up.

And if you don't have an external amp, then I'm out of ideas.

Closed Thread