Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Wiring Diagram - Suggestions Accepted

Diabolic is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wiring Diagram - Suggestions Accepted

Below is my tentative wiring diagram for my system overhaul. All of these components have already been selected and are in my posession so recommendations for "better" equipment are of no help to me.

The diagram does not include the cap or battery configuration, which is where I am undecided. The cap will almost certainly go in-line before the bp1200.1. At present, I am considering an isolator before the second battery, using the existing alternator, and letting that power the JBL. I own a new, secondary alternator but have reservations about trying to mount it. If someone knows of a source for custom brackets, I am always searching.

I suppose I should just get my alternator rewound but I would like some input on the ever-present amperage problem. For those experienced, what would you do:
    * Just mount an isolator with the second battery
    * Have the existing 135A alternator rewound
    * Try to make a custom bracket to mount the second alternator?
    * Other?

Apologies for the size of the image.

Quinn03 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here it goes...

based on what you have shown me. you should be fine with another farad added. Current draw from your circuit is fine if you can give it the proper voltage. A capacitor aids in this field. The alternator you have is great. 135a idle is superb. once ya get it pumpin' is the only thing ya have to wory about. but if you don't play ya music at max you should be ok. I don't really know what else to tell ya. it's not just about current draw your system voltage and total wattage is a great player.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 remember

keep in mind that a circuit can care less about a peak, it just can't sustain a peak for long. with the fuses as your max amperes drawn, just take half of that and that should be your average draw of the system.

Diabolic is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My mistake.

That's a typo. Idle is 100Amps, full output is 200A for my alternator. I estimate that I'm sort about 50-70 amps at idle, with full volume. However, I suspect that another battery and isolator is going to be the solution to my problem. (Not committed to that yet - still debating.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon31 check this

you have to decide are ya gonna be comp or daily boomin'. if ya gonna be just sittin' there wit ya car off go wit an extra battery. Cause an additional battery only adds like 15 amps to the cirucuit. it doesn't help until ya alternator cuts off. the capacitors and the alternator is the only help you have once the car starts up.

Closed Thread