Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Reload Thread: will big three solve this problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gator Nation
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    will big three solve this problem

    I just put a hifonics 1600 watt amp in my truck a few days ago. When I drive at night my lights flash horribly when the bass is barely turned up.

    When I was driving today the check gauges light came on and my the volt needle was at 18. So i turned the music all the way down and turned off my cd player and it went back to normal. I drove my truck back home and turned the music up and the rpm needle was jumping up and down like it wasn't getting enough power to run.

    Would upgrading the big three help or do I need to get a high output alternator? or both?







  2. #2
    spike_e's Avatar
    spike_e is offline ballin on a budget



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    prattville AL
    Posts
    2,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: will big three solve this problem

    prolly both. but try thr big 3 first. but if you are having that many problems you will need an alt sooner or later



    comps:MB QUART PREMIUM PCE 213
    comp amp: NEED AN AMP!!
    sub: rehc 15
    sub amp:Crystal CAD 600 .2t
    REF:
    bought from-silver02italy,CrazedCat,sandbags,blue200sx,sundown z,exige,nismos14,Ridinhi
    sold to: pike110,VolvoSlapper,TeeBee,IbSlamn,iwannatt,Kingl owlife
    Traded with- QBenjamin,snfsh79077,
    did buisness with hemi=22s. good guy,
    ????=j_alexander

  3. #3
    Colt9699's Avatar
    Colt9699 is offline Rockstar



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Erie Pa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: will big three solve this problem

    First how did you set the gain on the amp?

    if you are driving the amp into clipping by having the gains et incorrectly it can cause these problems.

    the big 3 is a great idea no matter how large or small your system is.



    I wanna go to where the women are easy and the drugs are cheap, and we all stay skinny cuz we just won't eat!!

    Refs:
    Silverbomber006(seller)BigWheel15(Buyer) Fordman (Seller) HelloMota(Buyer)Belunt(buyer)Tapout(buyer)
    Bushtree(seller)drpdmazda(seller)Allenzo(seller)22 Mountaieer(buyer)
    Prowler573(seller)Arron7114(buyer)
    dleccord x2(buyer)poundindak69(buyer) tez4life(buyer)Maroj248(seller)Hemi=22s(seller)Ksk itka x2(seller)Revrider1 (seller)RyanM923(seller)Duke(buyer) 60nDown (He Is Da Man!!)

  4. #4
    sue bee's Avatar
    sue bee is offline rock smoker



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    the deathstar
    Posts
    2,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: will big three solve this problem

    a 100 amp alt should be capable of handling the power with at least 4 guage wiring and a decent battery. ho alt isn't necessary here if you've got all your bases covered.



    Quote Originally Posted by yama168 View Post
    The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.
    Bad95gt is a homo, thief.

    Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

  5. #5
    Qbenjamin's Avatar
    Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: will big three solve this problem

    I have slight dimming and voltage drops (As low as 11.4) with my JL 1000/1, and I have done the big 3 and replaced the stock battery with a Yellow top. I am guess that I am in the same boat as the OP.

    Anywayz, to the OP, upgrade your wiring and you battery first. If the volatge drops persist, then you need a HO alt, along with myself.....




    Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

    Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

    What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

  6. #6
    sue bee's Avatar
    sue bee is offline rock smoker



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    the deathstar
    Posts
    2,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: will big three solve this problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Qbenjamin View Post
    I have slight dimming and voltage drops (As low as 11.4) with my JL 1000/1, and I have done the big 3 and replaced the stock battery with a Yellow top. I am guess that I am in the same boat as the OP.

    Anywayz, to the OP, upgrade your wiring and you battery first. If the volatge drops persist, then you need a HO alt, along with myself.....
    Have you gotten your alt tested?



    Quote Originally Posted by yama168 View Post
    The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.
    Bad95gt is a homo, thief.

    Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

  7. #7
    Skip01's Avatar
    Skip01 is offline Diggy



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marrero,LA
    Posts
    7,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: will big three solve this problem

    I really never seen any help from doing the Big 3 with either of my cars

    I think its more of a stabilizer than making it gain voltage.....i dont see how a Hifonics 1600 could make ur charging system do that.....check your connections...something doesnt seem right

    Good Luck



    YOUTUBE VIDZ:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

  8. #8
    sue bee's Avatar
    sue bee is offline rock smoker



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    the deathstar
    Posts
    2,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: will big three solve this problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip01 View Post
    I really never seen any help from doing the Big 3 with either of my cars

    I think its more of a stabilizer than making it gain voltage.....i dont see how a Hifonics 1600 could make ur charging system do that.....check your connections...something doesnt seem right

    Good Luck
    x2



    Quote Originally Posted by yama168 View Post
    The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.
    Bad95gt is a homo, thief.

    Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum