Closed Thread

Reload Thread: will big three solve this problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

will big three solve this problem

I just put a hifonics 1600 watt amp in my truck a few days ago. When I drive at night my lights flash horribly when the bass is barely turned up.

When I was driving today the check gauges light came on and my the volt needle was at 18. So i turned the music all the way down and turned off my cd player and it went back to normal. I drove my truck back home and turned the music up and the rpm needle was jumping up and down like it wasn't getting enough power to run.

Would upgrading the big three help or do I need to get a high output alternator? or both?

spike_e is offline ballin on a budget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: will big three solve this problem

prolly both. but try thr big 3 first. but if you are having that many problems you will need an alt sooner or later

comps:MB QUART PREMIUM PCE 213
    comp amp: NEED AN AMP!!
    sub: rehc 15
    sub amp:Crystal CAD 600 .2t
    REF:
    bought from-silver02italy,CrazedCat,sandbags,blue200sx,sundown z,exige,nismos14,Ridinhi
    sold to: pike110,VolvoSlapper,TeeBee,IbSlamn,iwannatt,Kingl owlife
    Traded with- QBenjamin,snfsh79077,
    did buisness with hemi=22s. good guy,
    ????=j_alexander

Colt9699 is offline Rockstar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First how did you set the gain on the amp?

if you are driving the amp into clipping by having the gains et incorrectly it can cause these problems.

the big 3 is a great idea no matter how large or small your system is.

I wanna go to where the women are easy and the drugs are cheap, and we all stay skinny cuz we just won't eat!!

Refs:
    Silverbomber006(seller)BigWheel15(Buyer) Fordman (Seller) HelloMota(Buyer)Belunt(buyer)Tapout(buyer)
    Bushtree(seller)drpdmazda(seller)Allenzo(seller)22 Mountaieer(buyer)
    Prowler573(seller)Arron7114(buyer)
    dleccord x2(buyer)poundindak69(buyer) tez4life(buyer)Maroj248(seller)Hemi=22s(seller)Ksk itka x2(seller)Revrider1 (seller)RyanM923(seller)Duke(buyer) 60nDown (He Is Da Man!!)

sue bee is offline rock smoker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a 100 amp alt should be capable of handling the power with at least 4 guage wiring and a decent battery. ho alt isn't necessary here if you've got all your bases covered.

Quote Originally Posted by yama168 View Post
    The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.
    Bad95gt is a homo, thief.

Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have slight dimming and voltage drops (As low as 11.4) with my JL 1000/1, and I have done the big 3 and replaced the stock battery with a Yellow top. I am guess that I am in the same boat as the OP.

Anywayz, to the OP, upgrade your wiring and you battery first. If the volatge drops persist, then you need a HO alt, along with myself.....

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qbenjamin View Post
    I have slight dimming and voltage drops (As low as 11.4) with my JL 1000/1, and I have done the big 3 and replaced the stock battery with a Yellow top. I am guess that I am in the same boat as the OP.

Anywayz, to the OP, upgrade your wiring and you battery first. If the volatge drops persist, then you need a HO alt, along with myself.....
    Have you gotten your alt tested?

The dog can do it in Hawaii because he claims it's a citiziens arrests. And yes I do wish some one would beat their a*** for making us people in Hawaii look so dumb. Lealand isnt so tough when his dad and crew is around seen him @ a bar in Hawaii acting very humble but my bubbys still wanted to fu*k around and call him out to see what he got. He didnt want to fight even after my buddy bumped into him and spilt his drink on lelands girl.

Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

Skip01 is offline Diggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I really never seen any help from doing the Big 3 with either of my cars

I think its more of a stabilizer than making it gain voltage.....i dont see how a Hifonics 1600 could make ur charging system do that.....check your connections...something doesnt seem right

Good Luck

YOUTUBE VIDZ:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip01 View Post
    I really never seen any help from doing the Big 3 with either of my cars

I think its more of a stabilizer than making it gain voltage.....i dont see how a Hifonics 1600 could make ur charging system do that.....check your connections...something doesnt seem right

Good Luck
    x2

Kathy Sportsman
    117 PR 1016
    Texarkana, AR 71854
    United States

Closed Thread