Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What's a good source of info for some installation ideas?

grampi is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's a good source of info for some installation ideas?

I have a Toyota Yaris hatchback that is going to pose some difficult installation challenges, specifically with installing the component speakers and mounting the amp. I don't want to mount the comps in the doors as that usually results in the mids not having any midbass punch and ****-*** imaging. I'd like to mount them in custom kick panels, but no companies make any for this car and I don't know how, nor do I have the time to make them myself. I also have a Kicker KX 600.4 amp that I'll be running the system with that will probably have to be mounted somewhere in the hatch area. It would have to be mounted in such a way that it would be easily removable. Is there anyone in this site who has experience with installs in this vehicle, or does someone know of another site that may be able to make some suggestions with this issue? Thanks.

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What's a good source of info for some installation ideas?

www.toyotanation.com/yaris for starters...

You could also have a look around CarDomain and SoundDomain at users there that have the same type of vehicle as you to get some ideas...

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

CrazedCat is offline Right boot. Got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pay a qualified shop to build some kicks or research and learn now to fiberglass them yourself. There are some great step-by-step builds here. Good Luck!

330i
    Eclipse | Dynaudio | Zapco | RE

refs
    3.5Max6spd, 6spdcoupe, nismos14, Drunkship, lost1700, spike_e, rcnshoe, djdilliodon, Flossinon24S, lslugz, kinglowlife, blazeplacid

PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just look at installs that shops/people from forums do to get my inspiration. if i see something i like, i try to make it work for my car.

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

Closed Thread