Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chrysler head unit before 1998 - please help me

Hello world,

I do really hope somebody out there is so kind to help me. I have a Chrysler head unit built before 1998, to avoid missunderstandings here is the photo of the unit:

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_...048393/i-2.JPG

I have 2 short questions:

1) I can only turn the radio ON if the key is in and turned. Is there a way to turn the radio ON and OFF even if the "car key" is not inserted? Should I have to reverse some wires, could you please tell me which are the ones?

2) I will get an Alpine S620 CD-Changer within a couples of days and I was told that I must reverse some wires of the M-BUS cable (it has 8 wires) to get it running with the Chrysler head unit. Is this true? May you please tell me which cables I have to reverse?

Thanks indeed for any help, and sorry for my English.

Cheers,
    Chris

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the board, Chris!

(your the third new person I welcomed to this board in the past 2 days...dang...this place is growin'!)

About the key Q, I don't think that it can be done. To do it on an aftermarket head unit, all you would have to do is connect the constant and the ignition wires together and run them off the battery or any other unswitched power source. In the factory radio case, these wires could be used for other thing beside just the radio. I would not recommend switching them around.

As far as the CD changer goes...I have no idea. I have never heard of that. The only way I know of to hook a CD changer to a factory radio is using an FM modulator, provided that the changer is equiped for that.

To do the things you want I would get an aftermarket radio. I think this would be your safest bet.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

pcmensch is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

thanks for your reply... but... I know for sure both my problems can be solved by modifiying the wiring. In Ebay f.eg. the sell modified Alpine CD-Changers which work perfectly with the Chrysler OEM radio, they do just change the wiring, but they... of course... do not tell how.

Is somebody please able to help?

Cheers!

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For the deck you will need a new constant power lead, which will involve cutting and splicing the factory harness.. However I cannot tell you which wire without pulling wifes radio.. You can figure it out in about ten minutes with a test light though.
    Trixter is correct on the CD changer.. you can do all the wire switching you want and it isn't going to help.. without a changer input on the deck the only two ways are to have someone dissassemble the deck and heavily modify it or save some time and money and get an FM modulated changer.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

Closed Thread

User Tag List