Closed Thread

Reload Thread: anybody ever rewire a nissan 240sx? how to run wire from front doors to the car

emkkrem is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anybody ever rewire a nissan 240sx? how to run wire from front doors to the car

i just got some new speakers for my nissan 240sx coupe and i want to wire them up to a thicker wire than the factory, so that means im gonna have to rewire the whole car right?

how do i run the wire from the door to the car? there is no boot really it's a bunch of wires taped up in electrical tame it looks like so i doubt that i'll be sticking a wire through it....

if i succeed to get the wire from the door in the car, do i just stick it into the wiring harness that goes to the deck or what?

i think that's all the questions i have for right now...

hopefully you guys can help i'd appreciate it, thanks

spoonraker is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: anybody ever rewire a nissan 240sx? how to run wire from front doors to the car

All you're trying to do is replace the factory wire with new, thicker wire? I don't really see your question. You just run your new wire the same way the factory one was ran. You might not be able to get it into the same loom or whatever, but a bunch of cable ties should do the trick. Run it through the door jamb where the other wires go through.

References : chaunb3400, Team H&K, diminishedpower, pickup1, sublime06, sporty_drew, JRock10, Jando86, sundownz

Kriszilla is offline Skydiving is life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: anybody ever rewire a nissan 240sx? how to run wire from front doors to the car

The factory wiring should be good for at least 100 watts RMS. How much power are you planning on running?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im not really sure how much watts my speakers are but i just got the back ones hooked up right now some new pioneers and they don't really sound that lovely and plus the left one keeps like going off so im pretty sure its bad wiring because my old left speaker was doing the same thing so im thinking new wiring or an amp?

Kriszilla is offline Skydiving is life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yup, if the speaker is cutting out, then it's either the wiring or the output channel on your amp / deck.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whats the best wire to use?

Closed Thread