Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Final Stage of my system installation...HELP

r0ck is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Final Stage of my system installation...HELP

Ok...I am almost towards the end of my first ever system installation...

I have the amp installed already....I receieved my box today from bjfisher. It looks great.

Now here are the questions:

1. I have 2 Maw12 dual 4ohms. That I want to wire like this :

The box is 2 separate chambers with 1 terminal cup for each side (on the back)
    So i would connect the -/+ of the each sub ..and then connect the other -/+ of each sub to the inside of the terminal cup.

here is the part that confuses me from the pic....after i connect the +/+ and -/- on the outside of the terminal...from which terminal would I run it to the amplifer?

2. the back of my deck has 3 rca outputs ...rear output, front output, and bus output

I am running my RCA's from rear output from the deck to RCA inputs on the amplifier..is this correct?

sorry for the long read...but im kind of nervous.

and 1 last thing..what should to make an air tight insallation when I mount the subs on the box? silicon or some rubber lining?

thanks

r0ck is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Final Stage of my system installation...HELP

Anyone?

blackbonnie is offline The Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Final Stage of my system installation...HELP

after you wire your subs up and then to the terminal cups. run a positive wire from one terminal cup to there other and then the same for the negative. after that then run a postive wire and i negative wire from the same terminal cup to the positive and negative on the amp. running your rca's from rear is fine. and to make an air tight seal, as long as your box is built fine and no leaks, you should do good with just mounting them in there and tighting everything good, some people will use a rubber ring seal but its not a must.

Closed Thread