Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Coming out of alarm installation retirement!

verick is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Coming out of alarm installation retirement!

Well since this is my first post, I would like to say hello and thank you to everyone at the Car Audio forum for having me. I have been an installer for a shop since 1993, but retired from installing day in and day out back in 2002. A car stereo job was the only job I ever had, I was only 16 in 1993. So by the time 2002 rolled around I was pretty burned out with it all, but I still install from time to time for close friends and family members. Well enough of my happy/sad story, lets get on with these questions with the install. So now my father-in-law and his brother want me to install a Viper 791xv remote start alarm in their trucks.

Q1: For the first install with a Viper 791xv, I have a 2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch diesel 4-door. I need to know if there is other devices to buy to get this alarm working right? I have no problem spending money on the right devices for this truck. I like to purchase online if possible. Oh by the way, I have never installed on a diesel before, at least a remote start.

Q2: I need a wiring diagram for a 2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch diesel? Maybe someone could post the link or just the wiring diagram. I have one for this truck, but I do not know if it's right or not.

Q3: For the second install with a Viper 791xv, I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door. I need to know if there is any other devices I need to buy, to get this alarm working right? I rather buy the right stuff, than worry about the install later. Also where I can purchase these devices online?

Q4: I know, I need the wiring diagram for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door alarm install? Maybe someone could just post the link or the wiring diagram.

I'm really sorry if this post has been answered before, but I could'nt find if the trucks needed other devices to get the alarm working right, or the wiring diagram to the Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door.

Thank you so much in advance for all of your help with this matter.

lostdaytomorrow is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coming out of alarm installation retirement!

Closed Thread