Closed Thread

Reload Thread: new system coming in now Zane your input would be very helpfull here

stereoskitz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

new system coming in now Zane your input would be very helpfull here

ok guys im looking to downsize i sold all the stuff i had b4 now im starting from scratch. What should i go with im looking at an alpine cda 7898 (2002 model) what other components should i go with. Im thinking about an alpine MRV-T420 amp and 3 type S (SWS-1241's) let me know asap i need to get this in b4 next monday
    Thanks

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    good setup, i run all alpine speakers. I used to have 2 type s 10's and i loved them, i now have a type r 15, but i still love both the type s and type r. Good SPL and good SQ.

www.sounddomain.com/id/tayls

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For components i would go with alpines too, I have the spr135a's in my kick panels and they sound awesome. I'm actually not a fan of their amps, simply because they don't really have a good monoblock amp.

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds decent so far.

I would also go ahead and keep the Alpine components as your main speakers- I have always been quite pleased with thier performance.- If by some chance you can latch yourself on to a pair of the old Ddrive components- they would certainly leave a lasting impression.

take it easy,

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

gregj9 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I deffinately agree on the d drive and I am not a big fan of alpine speakers........I like the american made speakers myself......The rest sounds good. Once again I gotta go with Zane's advice

96 honda passport

eclipse head (55040)<br />jl audio 500/5<br />Infinity kappa separates up front<br />4 eclipse 10"<br />audio control esp2 center stage processor

soon to come: Eclipse mids and highs upgrade<br />e-comm module<br />nav system

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the info guys

Zane i thank you for your help on this i wanted some help on picking some of the stuff out and i just wanted to know how everyone felt. I went and got the hu, subs and amp. I talked with my friends to get this all installed. We did it all today. I cant believe what i am putting out for db's. i had it measured and im putting out 145.7 db's. I think that i am ready to compete. i just need to get the other components put in the car now. I also wen t out and bought 2 SPS-6939S 6x9s and 2 SPS-1729S 6-1/2s talk about some awesome sound. Once again i thank you.
    Take care guys and happy thumping
    Stereoskitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quite impressive db output!!!! I would say you are ready to compete. Come down this way this spring/summer and show some of the SPL boys here how its done- most that compete here have no bloody clue. The ones that should be competeing dont.... go figure?

take it easy,

-zane

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey zane

I would be more then happy to come and show the SPL boys what a real system should look and sound like.
    The one thing that i dont get about the people who compete is they want more and more spl. I just like having a system to hear the bass like it was originally meant to be heard. I would definately have some fun in iowa ( i know my way around down there used to live in dubuque). See ya later
    Stereoskitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll have to forward you some event dates here- as soon as they bloody well make up thier minds to set them and release them.

- you should fair quite well with your setup. If I recall, the best score this year was a 153db on one occasion, most others were in the low 140's or high 130's.

Where is Team Gates when you need them?

take it easy,

-zane

- Henry David Thoreau

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im ready to pound some bass

I just got an invite to a private comp zane im going to see if you might be able to make it. It will be in rockford ill. on the 22nd of feb. Let me know im sure i will get you into it.
    Good luck
    Stereoskitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Im ready to pound some bass

Originally posted by stereoskitz
    I just got an invite to a private comp zane im going to see if you might be able to make it. It will be in rockford ill. on the 22nd of feb. Let me know im sure i will get you into it.
    Good luck
    Stereoskitz
    Not likely that I will be able to make it....
    I have several personal things that need attending to right now, and they are taking up a majority of my free time. I havent even been able to work on my car much the last week or so.

I dont really have anything to compete with at the moment either, allthough, it would be nice to just meet a few others that frequent this forum some time.

we'll have to see what the cards hold.....
    Good Luck at the comp though, and have a good one!

-zane

- Henry David Thoreau

bootleg is offline Got Adire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, I must ask, zane, where would a fellow get his system tested or what little device measures decibles? I'm very eager to find out what I'm pushing out so I can make adjustments/additions. Thanks.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    well go to your local car audio shop they should have the capabilities there to measure your db's...good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bootleg
    Alright, I must ask, zane, where would a fellow get his system tested or what little device measures decibles? I'm very eager to find out what I'm pushing out so I can make adjustments/additions. Thanks.

Besides your local Car Audio Shops- head down to a Radio Shack; they sell decible meters right off the shelf. Only downfall to those kind are that they usually peak at about 140db. However, they are a usefull tool and can give you a good idea of your systems capabilities.

take it easy,

-zane

- Henry David Thoreau

Closed Thread