Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Installation woes

Konstantin is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Installation woes

Hello, I am seeking help on what could be wrong with my setup.

Today I changed my radio and now I have insane ammounts of engine noise, and other noises when the car is turned off.

My setup:

Rockford Fosgate P4004 amp
    MTX 4001 amp
    Rockford Fosgate Fanatic components in front
    Kicker Ex69.3 6x9 in the back
    2 MTX RT12-04 subs.

I had that setup with a Pioneer DEH-P7750MP radio and everything was good. Nothing spectacular but it worked. There was absolutely no noise. No engine noise either, so I guess everything was wired right.

Today I changed the radio to a Pioneer Premier DEH-P960MP and it all went to hell. I have noise at volume 0, the subs kick once when I set the volume to 0 (from 1 to 0, they just kick loudly once), very strong engine noise. All I did was change the radio (and the cable harness, because it was different for this radio).

I went to 2 different audio places and both told me that the grounding and power cables were hooked right, so they told me it must be an amp problem.

My question here is, since everything was working fine I have trouble believing that the wiring is bad, and I dont feel like spending more money on something that will probably not fix my problem.

Could the radio be defective? I really dont know what to do

Konstantin is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Installation woes

Ok, after searching and reading around the forums it seems that this is quite a common problem with Pioneer, and I should know because I had to send my old 7750 to get the whinning noise fixed.

D'oh. Any other possible explanations, if this isnt the reason?

geowick07 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Installation woes

I have a Pioneer 6800mp, and i had a problem with noise. I had to ground the HU to the frame behind the dash. also, it could be the rcas as well. make sure everything is grounded well. other than that, sorry i can't help.

Closed Thread