Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

  1. #1
    DaBurner's Avatar
    DaBurner is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    This is the wiring for a 2005 Corolla, my car is an 07 however everything is basically same on corollas, same desigin same interior/mounting kits etc almost everything is identical. I need a tap for a remote wire so i can send the signal to my amp when I start my car, my problem is I do not know what wire to tap off of. One person said Radio 12v another said sumthing else



    Radio 12v blue/white + radio harness
    Radio Ground brown - radio harness
    Radio Ignition gray + radio harness
    Radio Illumination green + radio harness
    Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
    Power Antenna black + radio harness
    LF Speaker +/- pink - purple +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    RF Speaker +/- lt. green - blue +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    LR Speaker +/- black - yellow +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    RR Speaker +/- red - white +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat







  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBurner View Post
    This is the wiring for a 2005 Corolla, my car is an 07 however everything is basically same on corollas, same desigin same interior/mounting kits etc almost everything is identical. I need a tap for a remote wire so i can send the signal to my amp when I start my car, my problem is I do not know what wire to tap off of. One person said Radio 12v another said sumthing else



    Radio 12v blue/white + radio harness
    Radio Ground brown - radio harness
    Radio Ignition gray + radio harness
    Radio Illumination green + radio harness
    Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
    Power Antenna black + radio harness
    LF Speaker +/- pink - purple +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    RF Speaker +/- lt. green - blue +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    LR Speaker +/- black - yellow +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    RR Speaker +/- red - white +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    Should be that one...kinda weird that its Grey...




  3. #3
    prochobo's Avatar
    prochobo is offline Sedan Sleeper



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    louisville, ky
    Posts
    1,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    Whoops misread




  4. #4
    DaBurner's Avatar
    DaBurner is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    **** guys, cant anyone agree on anything? I just got this car and I really wanna have a perfect installation, without having worry im draining my battery or anything like that, again Which Wire should I Tap Into?




  5. #5
    reneeb7363's Avatar
    reneeb7363 is offline She-Nay-Nay



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBurner View Post
    This is the wiring for a 2005 Corolla, my car is an 07 however everything is basically same on corollas, same desigin same interior/mounting kits etc almost everything is identical. I need a tap for a remote wire so i can send the signal to my amp when I start my car, my problem is I do not know what wire to tap off of. One person said Radio 12v another said sumthing else



    Radio 12v blue/white + radio harness
    Radio Ground brown - radio harness
    Radio Ignition gray + radio harness
    Radio Illumination green + radio harness
    Factory Amp Turn-on N/A
    Power Antenna black + radio harness
    LF Speaker +/- pink - purple +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    RF Speaker +/- lt. green - blue +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    LR Speaker +/- black - yellow +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    RR Speaker +/- red - white +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
    [COLOR="Red"]without having worry im draining my battery or anything like that, again Which Wire should I Tap Into?[/
    COLOR]

    it would be this one to make sure the remote wire sends signal only when the radio is on-- regardless of key position
    Last edited by reneeb7363; 01-10-2007 at 01:52 PM.



    ya'all are like a bunch of little girls gathered around the gossip circle - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudCrownVic View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything... He seems to have enough trouble validating his manhood as it is, no point in making him cry.
    refs: jmanpc, MikeOfTulsa, 97Cavy, seagrasser, ( and 2 other purchases but I can't remember their user names --pm me if we have done business before) + 100% e-bay feedback
    kasimo420 BAD Seller!

  6. #6
    reneeb7363's Avatar
    reneeb7363 is offline She-Nay-Nay



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    sorry for the confusion.... most people run the remote lead off of the antenae/rem wire-- highlighted in red..so the amps are only told to turn on when the radio ios on... you certainly can do what jntar said... because that lead is only powered when the car is turned on. but that also means you will have constant drain anytime the key is turned on or to an accessory position, wehter or not you are using the stereo... either way works. Decide how you want to use your system and that is the best way to do it.



    ya'all are like a bunch of little girls gathered around the gossip circle - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudCrownVic View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything... He seems to have enough trouble validating his manhood as it is, no point in making him cry.
    refs: jmanpc, MikeOfTulsa, 97Cavy, seagrasser, ( and 2 other purchases but I can't remember their user names --pm me if we have done business before) + 100% e-bay feedback
    kasimo420 BAD Seller!

  7. #7
    DaBurner's Avatar
    DaBurner is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    3 guys saying 3 different things, Im leaning towards the Gray wire just because he's got the most posts lol

    ok thanks for clearing that up for me, idc if it drains once i put the key in because i always put my music on once i get in the car...it is my life and hopefully will be my livelihood soon, thanks for all help I'll continue with the installation




  8. #8
    prochobo's Avatar
    prochobo is offline Sedan Sleeper



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    louisville, ky
    Posts
    1,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    Do the gray wire. I misread when I said blue.




  9. #9
    Neostar63's Avatar
    Neostar63 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee,WI
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    well there are three different ways to do it. Those are all 12 volt sources they will all just turn your amps on differently. The gray wire is traditionally how it should be done since it is linked to the ignition. This will allow the subs to be played with the key in the accessory position as well as with the car turned on. I have seen the attenae not work properly on some cars for turning amps on. The radio 12v would leave your amps on constantly. That is there to keep your settings in the headunit, so that line is always on.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBurner View Post
    3 guys saying 3 different things, Im leaning towards the Gray wire just because he's got the most posts lol

    ok thanks for clearing that up for me, idc if it drains once i put the key in because i always put my music on once i get in the car...it is my life and hopefully will be my livelihood soon, thanks for all help I'll continue with the installation
    Gray wire and here is why...


    Radio 12v blue/white + radio harness if connected amp will never turn off
    Radio Ground brown - radio harness amp will now power on using this one and will possibly fry due to ground and power being connected
    Radio Ignition gray + radio harness amp will power on when radio is on only
    Radio Illumination green + radio harness this would not be a good thing if you connected this one...sparky or no more display plus possibly blown fuses
    Factory Amp Turn-on N/A there isnt one of these...
    Power Antenna black + radio harness amp will only work with radio, wont work with CD or tape if equiped.
    LF Speaker +/- pink - purple +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat amp wont power up
    RF Speaker +/- lt. green - blue +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat amp wont power up
    LR Speaker +/- black - yellow +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat amp wont power up
    RR Speaker +/- red - white +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat amp wont power up




  11. #11
    skmfkr's Avatar
    skmfkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    should be gray, hell just touch the wire and see if that works when u turn the car on, if it does then make the connection




  12. #12
    helotaxi's Avatar
    helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Central (New Mexico that is...)
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,933
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tap into 12V for Remote Wire? HELP ME

    If you wire to the grey wire, the amp will come on with the car ignition. If you wire to the antenna lead, the amp MAY turn off when you use any source other than the FM tuner.

    As far as the wire color, the aftermarket uses one color convention that is the same for all brands. Each car maker uses its own color scheme and they don't conform to any standard, but they are generally consistant within the brand.



    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

    Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum