Closed Thread

Reload Thread: HELP. All Power in the Trunk Goes Out

jace314 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HELP. All Power in the Trunk Goes Out

This is really wierd!! I recently wired up my passat with 2 amps. I ran 4g from the battery (inline 100 fuse, rockford) to the trunk where it goes into a dual 60 fuse rockford distribution block. Then 4g to a 1 fared cap, then 4g to my rockford 200.2 amp to power 2 10" infinity's. The other 4g goes right to my alpine 250 amp running my 6 1/2 MB Quarts (x4). All grounds are tight and clean with 4g as well.

Ok so, While my car is running everything is fine, good bass all speakers are clean and things are good. When I start to drive after about 2-3 minutes all power to the trunk goes out? After about 2-3 more minutes I turn the head unit on and everything is fine again but only for a few minutes until it repeats? Like I said when the car is parked but running I can play for hours if need be. Only when I drive I have this problem? Any input would really be appriciated!!!

Thanks!!

2loud4u is offline Nothing to see here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: HELP. All Power in the Trunk Goes Out

Check all your grounds.
    You could have a loose ground loosing contact when you hit a bump ect...

Refs
    http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=20692
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    Toby his boy bought p6.2's
    dkguitarist sold kodak c330 digital camera.
    photocrazy8 bought stinger terminals.
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

Aim demon505hp

Rob Fox aka KNGOFTHEPKNGLOT=SCAMMER
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160382

reneeb7363 is offline She-Nay-Nay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

when it "goes out" have you actually stopped and put a DMM on the main supply from the batt and the ground and checked voltage?? Checked Ground connections with ohm meter? have you checked to make sure the REM lead is still "hot?" --basic electrical troubleshooting start simple and work your way in to the system making sure each component on the way is "active."

ya'all are like a bunch of little girls gathered around the gossip circle - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudCrownVic View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything... He seems to have enough trouble validating his manhood as it is, no point in making him cry.
    refs: jmanpc, MikeOfTulsa, 97Cavy, seagrasser, ( and 2 other purchases but I can't remember their user names --pm me if we have done business before) + 100% e-bay feedback
    kasimo420 BAD Seller!

jace314 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replys! I think I might of figured it out. I forget to mention that I have a small neon tube hooked up, and to have it on when the system is on I ran one of the wires as a ground on the chassis, and for power I conected the wire to the remote lead on the amp! I think the head unit didnt agree after a while of playing and shuts down the remote lead to all the amps and neon. I disconected the cable and drove around playing for like an hour or so and everything stayed on 100%!!

However...What should I do to have the neon turn on when I want it to? I dont want to have it on all the time??

Thanks

Closed Thread