Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dynamat in the door ?

hey guys,

i started putting dynamat into the door yesterday (94 honda accord)... and i came across this question...

should i be puttin it into the plastic like trim panel that i rip off the door? or the actual metal part of the door? or both?

the metal part seems semi complicated besides the speaker area because it has a lotta contours, holes, and varying shapes/curves... and on top of that..theres also this big ole water shield plastic that is covers the metal / stuck w/ some sort of putty...

the trim panel seems pretty straightforward and easy...but doesnt seem right either?

thanks dudes and dudettes,

siao

SAVAGE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    put it on the metal door itself. take off that plastic film type cover and wash down your door. then apply the sound deadner working it into the contours as best as you can. if you want you can put the plastic film back on, but you really dont need to. if you have a bunch of sound deadner/room left over go ahdead and cover the back of the door panel (the panel you removed to get to the inside of the door). hope this helps!

1"tweets and 8"kenwoods up front 5.25" in rear arm rest and 2-12" kicker comps sealed in back.

http://www.carforums.net

Closed Thread

User Tag List