Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Head unit gets power but screen is blank.

astin0801 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 Head unit gets power but screen is blank.

I have a '02 Olds Intrigue and I'm trying to put in my aftermarket radio (Sony CDX-M630), my 1000 watt amp, and 2 Kenwood 12's from my last car. My problem right now is solely with the head unit. I got the Scosche GM035 wiring harness which said I would also need the Scosche FAI-3A Bose/Premium Sound Interface. Now that I connected both harnesses to the interface, my cd player won't work. It is getting power because the face flips up & down when I press the open/close button. It will also accept and eject a cd. The only sounds heard are the beeps from me pressing the buttons (only the mentioned buttons work) plus the screens stay blank at all times. All fuses are good and the connections are as they should be... I think. The concerns I have are:

1- I've tried all three options on the Scosche sound interface (Common Ground, Factory AMP, Line Out) with the same results from all of them. Which is the right option?

2- I called a couple car audio stores and they said that they would bypass the factory amplifier altogether and rewire the whole system. Should I have done this and is this an easier option? I plan on replacing everything in the car (head unit, tweeters, front 4x6's, rear 6x9's).

3- Besides the antenna jack, there were two adapters plugged into my original factory radio, a 24 pin plug and a smaller one. Only the 24 wire plug fits perfectly into the harness. (The scosche harness came with a 24 wire plug and a 32 wire plug sharing connections with wires for twist connection.) Should I be concerned that the second and smaller factory harness doesn't fit?

Can anyone give me some insight as to what is wrong here. I only had the Sony radio for 4 years so I know it isn't dead yet. Plus it will still work in my old car ('94 Lumina). I can send pictures if this is confusing. Thanks before hand for your help.

One more thing, what is an easy way to power my subwoofer through the engines firewall? Although I haven't jacked up the car yet, I'd rather not drill any holes but I can't see any clear way to get my wire through to the cabin. There seems to be some type of cloth material on the wall behind the engine on the battery side. Thanks again.
    Last edited by astin0801; 11-21-2006 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Forgot one more thing.

Closed Thread