Closed Thread

Reload Thread: RCA's and speaker wire

HCCA is offline Slayer of Libs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RCA's and speaker wire

What kind of RCA's and speaker wire would you guys recommend, and why. I have a set of AudioQuest RCA's, and I am going to need more RCA's than I have. I am going to use a few of those that I have, but I am looking at StreetWires, and Monster Cables. What do you guys have? What do you like, and What would you recommend in the line of speaker wire, as well.

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: RCA's and speaker wire

speaker wire -- Really doesn't matter. The stuff at wal-mart is as good as any dollar-a-foot crap at the local audio shop. Just make sure to get sufficient gauge.

RCA's -- personally I'll never spend more than $10 on a pair of rca's. I happen to have some boss twisted pairs that I've had for 5-6 years that work just fine. I nicked one of them a while back and bought some Sound Quest replacements for about the same price. Never got them installed though. Even the nicked cable that has exposed shielding hasn't given me any trouble.

I could see some benefits from spending $20 or $30 on a good set -- nice tips, well insulated (preferably UNshielded IMO), but more than that and you're just filling people's pockets.

Check out the Stinger Hypers, Knukonceptz has a couple nice options. On the cheap check out Sound Quest's TRCA's - built by Stinger, about the same as Hypers.

jacka is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm using knukonceptz wire and rca's, they do what they needa do. i have the karma kable rca's, but really the klarity kables will suffice.

References:

Sold to: nauticagmo, 808bmw, hustler904, protocol_droid, latina33, dub22, morgans432, BassmentJack, Sr SQ (diymobileaudio), macxx (diymobileaudio)

Bought from: sundownz, bjfish11, 6spdcoupe, 02TurboA4, ngsm13

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Audioquest has some nice stuff, some way overpriced. I cant really see any reason to spend a lot on any cables...except like dude said above...good connectors. I also try to get a thicker cable if i can, they hold up to more abuse, unless space is an issue....

Closed Thread