Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Radio speakers cutting off when activating turn signal or any interior lighting

Country101 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Radio speakers cutting off when activating turn signal or any interior lighting

Car speakers not Audible when activating turn signal or interior lights

I have just installed an Aiwa CDC-X204 CD Player into my 1996 Chrysler Cirrus. When the motor is running and I activate my turn signals, the radio speakers cut off and will remain off until I deactivate my turn signal. If I only turn on an interior light, the speakers will cut off for just a second.

I checked all the radio wiring with an Analog Meter and found that when I touch a (Blue wire w/ white stripe) and labeled (AMP REM MAX 0.3A) coming directly from the CD player, the analog meter pointer will move back and forth with the rhythm of the turn signal when activated. This only occurs when the wire stated above is connected to a (Green wire w/ red stripe) that appears to be connected to the speakers. If I disconnect these two wires, the speakers will not be audible.

What is going on here, and how can I fix this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Country101; 11-14-2006 at 01:58 PM.

KaeZoo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Radio speakers cutting off when activating turn signal or any interior lighting

Your blue/white wire is the remote amp turn-on from your head unit, and it's switching on the factory amp through the green/red wire. You can try disconnecting your blue/white, and tying in the green/red wire with whatever wire is connected to the red wire on your CD player. That will switch the factory amp on and off with the key and hopefully avoid whatever flaky thing is happening with your remote output.

Also, make sure your head unit is well-grounded to dash metal. Usually a Cirrus doesn't have a factory ground wire; if you found a wire that looked like ground, it may be a ground wire for the factory amp, so ground it as well to dash metal.

Closed Thread