Closed Thread

Reload Thread: help with hooking my system up

96teggsr is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 help with hooking my system up

I just got a 2006 rsx and i need help hooking my system up....I had it installed in my other car I figured i would save the money and do it myself this time.

I have a couple problems... I'm supposed to hook up the (rem) remote turn on wire to the head units amp turn on lead or antenna output, or if not available connect a spst switch inline with a +12v source to control the amp on/off operation...I have the stock radio... on my old car they had it hooked up to one of the fuses, probably to the radio fuse... is that how i should hook this wire up? if so to what fuse or how high of a fuse rating? Also for the input signal it says to connect to the head units low level (rca) or high level (speaker wire) outputs... I have an absolute line out converter, which on my old car looked to be hooked up to my taillights or some other wires in the trunk... does anyone know what this is supposed to or can be hooked up to? thanks any input would be appreciated

Bake is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: help with hooking my system up

You can wire the remote to any switched (something that is hot when the switch is on) 12v line in the fuse box. You need to connect the LOC to the speaker wires coming out of the deck. They probably had it connected to your rear speaker lines in the trunk not the tail lights. You can use the rear speaker lines in the trunk like they did if you don't want to pull your head unit.

Closed Thread