Closed Thread

Reload Thread: sub amp to speaker amp

Bumpin03 is offline James Madison University

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sub amp to speaker amp

ok i ordered all my stuff a few days ago (look at my sig) and would like to learn how to install it all before it gets here so i can do it right away. I used to run a JBL 1200.1 for 2 12w6v2's but i sold them and got what i listed below. I still have all the wiring and everything done in there. I was wondering if i can just use all those wires to wire up my speaker amp. Ive never done a speaker installation with an amp before so I dont know how i would wire everything. I understand my speakers are wired to my HU now...so would i have to disconnect it from the HU and send that to the amp? what about the RCA's??? This might be confusing to all ofyou....but basically say i had a subwoofer setup in there and I want to learn how to adapt those wires to run a speaker amp and run all 4 speakers off of it? Thanks everyone.

- Bumpin03 -
    06 Nissan Altima 2.5s
    Pioneer Premier 740mp
    Kicker RS5 Components
    Kicker 6x9's
    2 12" AA Assassins
    Profile CL1200

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what power gauge do u have (4 or 8 gauge)? you are not going to have a sub anymore?

well, i am not sure how your hu is setup. but mine has 3 outputs (fronts, rears,n sub). so, what you do would be run the power from the battery (w the inline fuse) to the speaker amp (hifonics i believe).
    i believe you ordered components, which should come with a crossover. and if the components come with tweeters and midrange, then split the signal to high(tweeters) and mids(midrange).

then from there, connect the left and right speakers to their corresponding outputs in the amp. and then from there connect some RCAs to the front outputs of the HU. Dont' forget to ground the amp too.

That should be enough to give you an idea. have fun

Eclipse CD5444
    Momo MM6
    Arc Audio CXL-2100
    1 12'' RE HC
    Memphis MC-1000D

www.angelfire.com/falcon/matador updated 5/02/03
    matador@caraudio.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Matador
    what power gauge do u have (4 or 8 gauge)? you are not going to have a sub anymore?

well, i am not sure how your hu is setup. but mine has 3 outputs (fronts, rears,n sub). so, what you do would be run the power from the battery (w the inline fuse) to the speaker amp (hifonics i believe).
    i believe you ordered components, which should come with a crossover. and if the components come with tweeters and midrange, then split the signal to high(tweeters) and mids(midrange).

then from there, connect the left and right speakers to their corresponding outputs in the amp. and then from there connect some RCAs to the front outputs of the HU. Dont' forget to ground the amp too.

That should be enough to give you an idea. have fun
    the power and ground wire are already set...along with the RCA's and remote wire. My HU is about 2 years old so not many great features. Only has 1 preout....so my RCA's should be fine how they are now, correct? I don't understand how I wire the components to the crossover and amp. Does 1 wire go from the amp to the crossover and then the 2 seperate wires going from the crossover to the midrange/tweeter. As of now...I plan on running all 4 speakers and no sub...but later on when i get more money i will probably run the rears off the HU and bride channel 3/4 for a sub (340 watts).

So basically the only work i have to do is disconnect the wires going fromt he speakers to the HU now, and run them from the amp to the rears and to the crossover??? Am i correct? or is there more?

- Bumpin03 -
    06 Nissan Altima 2.5s
    Pioneer Premier 740mp
    Kicker RS5 Components
    Kicker 6x9's
    2 12" AA Assassins
    Profile CL1200

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh yeah.....forgot to answer your first question. im running 4 gauge wires.

- Bumpin03 -
    06 Nissan Altima 2.5s
    Pioneer Premier 740mp
    Kicker RS5 Components
    Kicker 6x9's
    2 12" AA Assassins
    Profile CL1200

Closed Thread