Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Red with a Yellow Top

Ali1 is offline e6300 FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red with a Yellow Top

i have a few questions regarding my yellowtop under the hood. (only battery)

1-If i add a redtop, can i keep it in the trunk, or do i have to put that under the hood and the yellow in the trunk?

2-Is it ok to parralel wire the redtop to the yellowtop?

3-Do i need a relay/isolator?

4-Would it help noticably with my dimming if I add the redtop battery?

Quote Originally Posted by northside210 View Post
    seems like everybody is going for pyle, should i tune them to 63 for the lows or 87

refrences:
    logan_searching, Big Rea$e, rfluvinmf, Davecubs14, reaudiofan, Krazed4Bass, SR20det, jbizzle x 4, bamaboy, mazdakid, mike11202,sbcaprice305, anotherguy(yes, that is his sn), ROE, coreyanderson, gebrochen, 528hz, bassmasta (x2), ustroops52, noob24,vrwm, lafanboy, explodftl,TheLow, tommythecat,dub22, hunterw, many more.....

**** PATALPINE :: SCAMMER******

Blazin_Jason is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Red with a Yellow Top

Since you have a YT I would get another YT to put in the trunk. Wire them both is parallel and be done with it. I'm sure others would do it different.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm asking about the redtop because i could get it for $60.

seems like everybody is going for pyle, should i tune them to 63 for the lows or 87

refrences:
    logan_searching, Big Rea$e, rfluvinmf, Davecubs14, reaudiofan, Krazed4Bass, SR20det, jbizzle x 4, bamaboy, mazdakid, mike11202,sbcaprice305, anotherguy(yes, that is his sn), ROE, coreyanderson, gebrochen, 528hz, bassmasta (x2), ustroops52, noob24,vrwm, lafanboy, explodftl,TheLow, tommythecat,dub22, hunterw, many more.....

NoLimit is offline Toy Yoda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wanna get me a red top for 60$?

2000 Toyota Camry SE
    Alpine 9857
    Infinity References

Protected by COMPUSTAR

Bought From: Audio Junkies, ~Magick_Man~, MetalMaxima, trevor87, AngryTrucker74, sayWhat? , Fi Car Audio, TheCybe(Made me a vinyl, Mucho ****)
    Bought / Traded with: Sampson
    Sold to: Benilson09, KyleC

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i got it from someone on a different forum, so i couldn't pass that up. Any professional answers to my questions?

refrences:

Fast1one is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just add the red under the hood since it is a starting battery....it may help slightly with your system but it doesnt create additional amperage. If your already drawing too much current it isnt going to help. Yes wire it in parallel and add an isolator to be safe...

References: Lax916, AcidicDreams , Altima98 , mr Tibbs, Majette, giantgloworm, mattmcss, riogigalo, mysilver02alty, Woc47, Hintzyboy, oglejust, APitBullT, foreman, jhubbell, tmcilroy, pioneerpimp, Dre_ATL

Plus a ton more I never added, lol. If you are not on the list and you had a pleasant transaction with me, PM me!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well, i got a HO alternator, big3 done, and a yellowtop under the hood. My system resets when the volume reaches 30-35, right before the next bass hits. When i say reset, i mean my HU turns off, turns back on, and tries to resume to play at the same level it was before it turned off. But it will turn off again....I was told i needed more batteries than that single yellowtop.

refrences:

prochobo is offline Sedan Sleeper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ali1 View Post
    well, i got a HO alternator, big3 done, and a yellowtop under the hood. My system resets when the volume reaches 30-35, right before the next bass hits. When i say reset, i mean my HU turns off, turns back on, and tries to resume to play at the same level it was before it turned off. But it will turn off again....I was told i needed more batteries than that single yellowtop.
    That's beleiveable. The same thing happened to me when I was using a crappy battery, my HU kept resetting.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    That's beleiveable. The same thing happened to me when I was using a crappy battery, my HU kept resetting.

So you think it's a defect in the yellowtop?

Or I don't have enough juice to supply the amp?

refrences:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ttt

refrences:

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fast1one View Post
    Just add the red under the hood since it is a starting battery....it may help slightly with your system but it doesnt create additional amperage. If your already drawing too much current it isnt going to help. Yes wire it in parallel and add an isolator to be safe...
    lol ok say you have a 220 amp alt. at idle its doing 115 amps and your system is 3000 watts rms and you decide to turn it most of the way up. are you saying the battery/batteries dont help?

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone with knowledgeable experience?

refrences:

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lets see started in car audio in '88 my first real set up had 27 speakers '91 had 2 more systems inbetween when i had my firebird in 97 before i purchased it it had already finished 2nd in the world in usac and iasca was an original ID team car. trophied at everyshow i went to except 1 and i had a couple things fail on me at finals (a red top and an amp.i had earlier beaten 3 of the top 5 finishers so it was a bummer) i went to college for EET for 2.5 yrs and had a gpa of 3.14 before i was in a car accident then i worked retail in electronics, primarily car audio. then became a distributor then a rep then went back down to retail as for me it paid better. the people who taught me about car audio were the people who did the firebird and also did the first ever perfect 40 car (was a backseat driver) and won 6 trophies plus with 3 cars 2 world championships (held record for largest point spread in pro class. in the 90's we used to get well over 100-200 cars for a big show). i also worked at kinetik for a few months before moving back home (didnt like toledo). when i was there i went to both usaci/iasca finals and db drag and have gotten to speak with a few world champion db draggers. i was also a MECP (standard) installer and a N.A.M.E. certified installer for a few years. key points to always remember is there is always more than one way to skin a cat and once you think you know everything you realize you really know nothing.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Blazin_Jason is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiolife View Post
    lets see started in car audio in '88 my first real set up had 27 speakers '91 had 2 more systems inbetween when i had my firebird in 97 before i purchased it it had already finished 2nd in the world in usac and iasca was an original ID team car. trophied at everyshow i went to except 1 and i had a couple things fail on me at finals (a red top and an amp.i had earlier beaten 3 of the top 5 finishers so it was a bummer) i went to college for EET for 2.5 yrs and had a gpa of 3.14 before i was in a car accident then i worked retail in electronics, primarily car audio. then became a distributor then a rep then went back down to retail as for me it paid better. the people who taught me about car audio were the people who did the firebird and also did the first ever perfect 40 car (was a backseat driver) and won 6 trophies plus with 3 cars 2 world championships (held record for largest point spread in pro class. in the 90's we used to get well over 100-200 cars for a big show). i also worked at kinetik for a few months before moving back home (didnt like toledo). when i was there i went to both usaci/iasca finals and db drag and have gotten to speak with a few world champion db draggers. i was also a MECP (standard) installer and a N.A.M.E. certified installer for a few years. key points to always remember is there is always more than one way to skin a cat and once you think you know everything you realize you really know nothing.
    Nope, that's not gonna cut it

I wonder what this goof is going to do.

Lakota is offline Doesn't Know $hit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd just throw a match in the gas tank. It might fix the problem, but I'm not 100% sure since I'm not a professional.

Ben Hemp
    1992 GMC Sonoma Ext Cab NEW BUILD
    2008 MECA S1 KY State Champion, 151.0 dB
    2008 MECA S1 WorldChampion, 151.8 dB
    2010 MECA scores: 150.9 dB S2, 151.6 dB S3
    Refs: smd4life, Subst4nce, wccoug21, dacheatham, thegreatestpenn, jshak07

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast