Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Something is dying.. Batt or Alt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Something is dying.. Batt or Alt?

Well I've had my MD2 installed for about a month pushing my eclipse @ around 700w RMS ish + my component amp that pushes out probably 400w RMS. When I had this running I never had any dimming lights but now I started to notice that my lights dim.

I think something is getting weaker which one is it my Batt or my alt? I am currently running a yellow top and plan on upgrading to a red top + a kinetik hc800.

I hope its not my alt

AIM: XaznKewLguyX

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...32#post2178432

Please post there if you have dealt with me also.

dleccord is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Something is dying.. Batt or Alt?

i didnt know 97 accords come with 90amp alts, maybe EX models, cause my 96 is 80amp factory.

did you recheck your gains? i havent had any problems running over 1k of watts im pretty sure that md2 is an efficient amp

REFS
    blackgeltabs, theCybe(2x), xplcitcustmz, mabel4life, bumpn_gt , PENER, BLD 25, j3bus2k3(3x) , PRIVATEpastry, guy022077(3x), alpine3612, 03tibgt, rocky 59, mattmcss, yotabeater,pepsican, iceteebone(2x), sfsloop @ mac. com, vincemarq, maldecido33, dalucifer, BassAddictJ, thakidgame, Scoobydoo, marcusb419er, nVRuckus, frkkevin, killahbean, CBFryman2, Zeuslicious(2x), bizzy07, expo5.0, dragonrage, 1loudsuv, nismos14, James Bang, mtlhead, Rsx_03, thaster, teamsubgopoof, CRAZYCORNUTS18, ggk, Colt9699(2x), thangalang, BloodStalker999, dwaynem, chaunb3400, volstitan908, blackbonnie, Fast1one, nineball, rbiele126, JayRich, Al_Capowned, runwitbass

photocrazy8 is offline Probably doesn't like you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XaznKewLguyX
    Well I've had my MD2 installed for about a month pushing my eclipse @ around 700w RMS ish + my component amp that pushes out probably 400w RMS. When I had this running I never had any dimming lights but now I started to notice that my lights dim.

I think something is getting weaker which one is it my Batt or my alt? I am currently running a yellow top and plan on upgrading to a red top + a kinetik hc800.

I hope its not my alt

new alt, it can't keep up with the pull of the amp. what car?

1956 Bel Air in the works

Feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/172118-photocrazy8-ftw.html

XaznKewLguyX is offline bloop

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1997 accord.

The EX models did come with 90a alts because of the luxuries on the car. Like the sunroof and such.

AIM: XaznKewLguyX

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...32#post2178432

Please post there if you have dealt with me also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XaznKewLguyX
    1997 accord.

The EX models did come with 90a alts because of the luxuries on the car. Like the sunroof and such.

yea i would say alt

Feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/172118-photocrazy8-ftw.html

dleccord is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by photocrazy8
    new alt, it can't keep up with the pull of the amp. what car?
    pulling what? 700rms? get real

anyways its hard to say, why dont you have it checked?

REFS
    blackgeltabs, theCybe(2x), xplcitcustmz, mabel4life, bumpn_gt , PENER, BLD 25, j3bus2k3(3x) , PRIVATEpastry, guy022077(3x), alpine3612, 03tibgt, rocky 59, mattmcss, yotabeater,pepsican, iceteebone(2x), sfsloop @ mac. com, vincemarq, maldecido33, dalucifer, BassAddictJ, thakidgame, Scoobydoo, marcusb419er, nVRuckus, frkkevin, killahbean, CBFryman2, Zeuslicious(2x), bizzy07, expo5.0, dragonrage, 1loudsuv, nismos14, James Bang, mtlhead, Rsx_03, thaster, teamsubgopoof, CRAZYCORNUTS18, ggk, Colt9699(2x), thangalang, BloodStalker999, dwaynem, chaunb3400, volstitan908, blackbonnie, Fast1one, nineball, rbiele126, JayRich, Al_Capowned, runwitbass

prochobo is offline Sedan Sleeper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow that's crazy. I've got a 96 and my alt is fine, I'm pulling 1600 daily and it still sits at 14.2-14.4. Get a DMM and measure the voltage, then you'll really know what's dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

ok so what are the fuse rating on the amp and we will go from there? and you have a 90 amp alt. when do you get the dimming lights? at idle?

Closed Thread