What is burned?
Here's the thing:
When I installed my amp, the output wires from one amp chanel touched those from my Alpine HU's rear left speaker output and the internal amp stopped working - all I get is silence so I guessed I fried them. I didn't need internal amp anyway (the amps power everything) so I didn't make panic. But then one day I couldn't turn on my car. I found out that the battery was completely empty. I run some tests and found out that my HU is emptying the battery. So now I must always disconnect the power wire from HU when I leave my car.
I am going to take the HU to service, but I still wonder why is it emptying my battery. Is it just because of the burned internal amp?
Thx for any info.
no, your hu draws power to keep the settings and everything in memory, it just sounds like you need a new battery to me.
Nope, it isnt the battery.
I tought of that too, replaced the old battery with a new one and it happened to me again - battery empty. So, it sure isn't the battery.
And if I disconnect the HU everything is ok, even though there are other things in the car that need constant power from the batt.
The only reason I want to know this is because I want to make sure that what is wrong isn't something that I can repair for myself since I don't care about fried internal amp.
Any other suggestions?
perhaps your alternator's decided that it's time for him to go and for you to get a bigger one...
Just ot be on the safe side, why not send the hu to a service centre?
I din't think it is the alternator either...
I'll send HU to the service this week, but I was just curious what could it be...
Thanx 4 help anyway!
P.S.: How is it in South Korea? My father was in Seoul a couple of years ago and came back totally impressed. Must try going there sometime, too ....
your head unit may be shorting out to a ground.
check your installation :confused:
well it could very well be something dmaged internally in the hu and it is drawing current...I also know that if the diodes get destroyed in your alternator it can cause current to be drawn and that will also empty your battery....but take your h/u in and get it looked at.