Closed Thread

Reload Thread: question about an alternate method to connect remote-turn on wire from HU to amps.

virux is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

question about an alternate method to connect remote-turn on wire from HU to amps.

question about an alternate method to connect remote-turn on wire from HU to amps.
    I have two amps now. When i went to a audio shop check why my radio's remote turn on wasnt working, he said that its burned out or something. So he installed a little external remote turn on adapter for me which draws its power from the HU. Now my amps don' shut off even when i turn my HU off because its sending constant signals. I wouldn't mind the amps staying on all the time but the annoying sound coming from the speakers (that steady sound that you "use" to hear from a tv when there's not signal coming from that channel" because of me setting my level too high. I don't know if its the cause of the pac oem-2 having its own level control knob but its annoying me when i drive. Anyone know of an alternate method to connect my remote turn on wire and what relay to get with it then it will be great since I'm connecting it to two amps. OR if anyone know how I could kill that stupid sound, it will be great too.

thanks!

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Re: question about an alternate method to connect remote-turn on wire from HU to amps.

well you can take the radio out, and connect the turn on lead to the RED wire coming out of yourd eck/wire harness. thats the Ignition wire that does not allow you to turn on the radio when the car is off. In turn, it will turn the amps off when yiou turn off the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Re: question about an alternate method to connect remote-turn on wire from HU to amps.

Quote Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp
    well you can take the radio out, and connect the turn on lead to the RED wire coming out of yourd eck/wire harness. thats the Ignition wire that does not allow you to turn on the radio when the car is off. In turn, it will turn the amps off when yiou turn off the car.
    and as far as connecting 2 amps, send a single run of smal remote wire down the car, and jump it from one amp to the next.

later

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm.. no point in letting my car audio system to run when the engine is off anyway LOL. I might try that.... but 2 amps won't fry the ignition wire right? No relays neccessary for it?

need to make sure hehe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virux
    hmm.. no point in letting my car audio system to run when the engine is off anyway LOL. I might try that.... but 2 amps won't fry the ignition wire right? No relays neccessary for it?

need to make sure hehe.

nah youll be fine, i run 3 amps off of mine.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

alright I'll give that a try. Since i usually like to chill in my car with my key in it to look at the time.. now i don't have to worry about my amps being on and draining the battery LOL

thanks

Closed Thread

User Tag List