Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Dead remote turn on wire.

jONnyBOi83 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dead remote turn on wire.

aright, my systems been hooked up for a while now and when i was fooling around one day with the amp, moving stuff around to make room, one of the wires popped out and made contact with something, shock, and now my system is dead. came to the conclusion, after i used a voltmeter, that my remote turn on wire is dead. anyone know how to fix this or where i can use another wire in my car to use as a remote turn on. i have an acura integra 91 GS. any suggestions are welcome.

rpeAMP is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can check the back of the head unit, mine has a fuse (I'm not sure if it's for the whole head unit or just for the remote turn-on) and see if it's blown. Secondly, you can find your fuse box and find a fuse that comes on with the key (cig. lighter, accessory fuse, radio fuse, etc.). To tap off of this fuse, pull the fuse you want out, take the bare end of the wire you want to use and stick it in one of the ends of the box where the fuse was. Then cram the fuse on top of it, making sure that it goes in well. (Sorry if I didn't explain this well. Let me know if you need pictures.)

1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD (5 Spd.)
    Pioneer DEH-P6500 Head Unit
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 4.5 Components (Front)
    Boston Acoustics RX47s (Rear)
    JBL P-80.4 Amp (for front's and rear's)
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 12.5LF 12" subwoofer
    Alpine MRP-M200 Power Amp (for subwoofer)

fantomas is offline show her the oh face

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yea, like rpeamp said, you should tap into a fuse of something that turns on with the rest of the car. but dont connect that tap to anything. get a relay and jjust use that tap to power the relay. If the whole headunit doesn't work at all, you may have just blown a fuse. check all the fuses. if its just the remote turn on to the amp that doesnt work, then just connect the relay to the amp. now, make sure you fuse anything and everything and remember to disconnect the battery whenever you work on your car.
    any confusion check here:
    http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm
    its a great website, but if you have anymore confusion just ask. (come to think of it, i probably didnt make a whole lot of sense, but thats ok.)
    -scott

Closed Thread