Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Ground Loop Isolators?

GaresTaylan is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ground Loop Isolators?

Just curious what company you guys think makes the best ground loop isolators? I've had engine noise since my first system was installed in my car and I'm on to my 3rd and its still present. I've tried new grounds, checked all connections, etc etc.. I went with the isolators we sell at work but Metra makes awful isolators. It got rid of the noise, but every bump I went over no matter how I had them placed on the amp (hanging freely, taped down to the rack, etc..) my speakers would crack and pop. Take the isolators off and the noise is back but no popping. The isolators themselves just seem rather loose on the connections (I've switched out for new ones, they are all like that) and I think the popping is from the RCA's moving around on the connectors to the amp. I was going to order some Monster Cable ones, but figured I might just be paying for the name.

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ground Loop Isolators?

I would suggest finding the source of the induced noise rather than putting a band-aid on it (which is all those isolators are)

I wouldn't know who makes the "best" one. In hte past whenever I had engine noise intruding into the audio I troubleshot the setup until I found the problem.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

MadAudio is offline audio path

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ground Loop Isolators?

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573
    I would suggest finding the source of the induced noise rather than putting a band-aid on it (which is all those isolators are)

I wouldn't know who makes the "best" one. In hte past whenever I had engine noise intruding into the audio I troubleshot the setup until I found the problem.
    x2

***Nissan pathfinder***
    HU *pioneer avh-p4200dvd*
    Comps front *boston acoustics pro50se*
    Comps rear*Phoenix Gold RYVAL*
    Sub *TC Sounds 12" lms-r x1*
    Comp amp * ppi a500/2*
    Sub amp *nine.1*

Closed Thread