User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Subs and amp wiring help!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subs and amp wiring help!!!

I just bought 2 new 04 model kicker Solobaric L7s and there 2 ohm stable, i bought these cause i plan on buying a 1 ohm stable mono sub amp soon to push them, well right now i am going to use a poweracoustic 1980watt plasma sphere amp and it is 2 channel, 2 ohm stable, stereo and bridgeable amp. So my question is i want to know if i can get a 2 ohm load out of the subs each, and i want to know how i would do that. i know if i run them in a series ill get a 4 ohm load from each, but i want a 2 ohm load so ill get the most out of them from the amp which is 880 watts total at 2 ohms. I know if i run the 2 ohms at parrel bridged ill get a 1ohm load but would that be good for the 2ohm stable amp, i mean would that hurt it gettin 1ohm load to each sub? I would like to have the amp bridged so i can get the most out of it but i just need to know how to wire the subs up properly and if i can do a 2ohm load for the amp since there 2ohm subs. thank you

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Subs and amp wiring help!!!

Subs are not "x ohm stable," they are x ohms. I assume you mean that the subs you have are 2 ohm dual voice coil. If so, you will need an amp that is 2 ohm stable or 0.5 ohm stable or run each sub on its own 4 or 1 ohm stable amp. You will not be able to wire the pair to a single amp at 1 ohm, it can't be done.

To wire them to your current amp, wire the coils of each sub in series (connect the positive of one coil to the negative of the other) and then connect the subs in parallel (connect the available positive terminals to the positive on the amp and the same with the negatives). That will give the amp a 2 ohm final load.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

i like guns is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Subs and amp wiring help!!!

Closed Thread