Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Battery transplant?

haunther is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Battery transplant?

Ok so i just got a new y-top an it wont fit under the hood so im wondering is it worth fiting it in or should i just run it from my trunk, an run 4 gauge to my main stock eletrical in the front?
    Any suggestions?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Battery transplant?

any one?

9512ds is offline I PWN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is it one of the smaller size of yellow tops... because they make smaller bodied versions.

also, i would suggest running 0 guage now and getting it over with so you dont have to upgrade later in life...

Chris Marshall owns my signature

refs:hardhitta47,ngsm13,Sonnick,Pl8er,Megalomaniac,CBFr yman2,path2spl,ionsql,jeeper07,99gtxgolfer,belunt, skierxx56,lincolnls,xploit2,asaner85,hardhittaz00
    goldtaz1,xploit,mtxthunder9500,go_go_thrash,TonyGu y,thetalkingshoe,gl0ck,massiveaudiocw,cd6551,Jeepi ntn,pimpedout97x,Louisiana_CRX,dadeschevyboy,PENER ,blue

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

its deff not small its a big mofo. ill think about running some more 0. but i dont really see an advantage : /

tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Return it and get the correct one. OMG...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

so theres no advantage bringing the batt closer to my amps an ect??

prochobo is offline Sedan Sleeper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There'd be less resistance to the amp if you had the battery in the trunk vs up front, but not enough to matter.

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you talking about using this yellowtop INSTEAD of your stock battery? If so, you are going to need WAY better than 4ga from the trunk as your car pulls hundreds of amps when cranking, and 4ga should be fused @ no higher than 150a. It's better to have the battery up front and run power to your amps than the other way around...your amps generally don't need as much current as your car does.

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by headless
    Are you talking about using this yellowtop INSTEAD of your stock battery? If so, you are going to need WAY better than 4ga from the trunk as your car pulls hundreds of amps when cranking, and 4ga should be fused @ no higher than 150a. It's better to have the battery up front and run power to your amps than the other way around...your amps generally don't need as much current as your car does.
    wRONg

Your amp will pull more amps than the entire car by itself. Your car only uses about 30% of the alts output. The thing that requires the most amps is the AC/Heater...

Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Double whammy.

Don't add the deep cycle to the rear unless it is needed.

Irony?

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tRiGgEr
    wRONg

Your amp will pull more amps than the entire car by itself. Your car only uses about 30% of the alts output. The thing that requires the most amps is the AC/Heater...
    hold on, let me make sure i understand you're telling me that the statement "When you crank your car up, it pulls hundreds of amps for a couple seconds from your battery." is WRONG?

If your only battery is connected to your starter via 20 foot of 4ga, hundreds of amps being pulled across that wire to crank your car presents a large problem. That 4ga should be fused @ 150a or less, and those hundreds of amps to crank the car will simply blow your correctly fused wires' fuse.

I'm not trying to say that your car's electrical devices pull more than your amps..though, depending on the amps, they might. My amps pull ~10-20a most of the time, peaking @ 30-35a. 30% of my alternator would be over 30a, so it would be true in my case to say that my amps don't pull as much current as my car does (except in momentary peaks to 35a when the sub hits hard during loud music) Obviously different amps are going to pull more current, as different alternators would put out more current so all of this is purely theoretical except for my own example above... But i was more referring to the problem of cranking a car from a battery connected to your starter via a 20foot length of 4ga anyway.

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

Closed Thread