38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2103 Post(s)

Re: Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BanginBishi View Post
    Here's the two options: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

"A" as a note is across the engine bay, next to the battery. (My alt is located on the bottom left side of the engine, woohoo)

And yes, by "clamp" I did mean sticking the terminal between the plates. Everything is a mess under there now but I'm going to take a wire brush and a grinder once I get going at it. Only issue with doing B is going to be protecting the wire. I'm, uhh, missing 80% of my underside plastics. You know of any particularly weather/erosion proof heat shrink?
    the ground close to the alternator will be much better imo

while you're in there clean up your factory grounds, its a necessary thing no one does

can you use that stud you're pointing to with 'alt' as your ground?

BanginBishi is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell0715 View Post
    the ground close to the alternator will be much better imo

while you're in there clean up your factory grounds, its a necessary thing no one does

can you use that stud you're pointing to with 'alt' as your ground?
    Yes. I was planning on using "Alt" as the first connection. And yeah, I was gonna scrub everything down. It's already been doused in battery cleaner a couple times and I was going to go ahead and pull off the stock connection and do a little sanding under it.

wew lad is online now wew lad inc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2103 Post(s)

Yes. I was planning on using "Alt" as the first connection. And yeah, I was gonna scrub everything down. It's already been doused in battery cleaner a couple times and I was going to go ahead and pull off the stock connection and do a little sanding under it.
    you mentioned the wire missing its casing earlier, tbh i wouldnt even use that wiring unless you're referring to stock wiring. in that case i like felt tape, seems like it holds up well. you can tape it then wire loom it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

you mentioned the wire missing its casing earlier, tbh i wouldnt even use that wiring unless you're referring to stock wiring. in that case i like felt tape, seems like it holds up well. you can tape it then wire loom it
    Are you talking about when I said I was missing my plastics? By "plastics" I meant all of the underside plastic on the car that protects the engine bay from spray and whatnot. Due to the ****** alternator location and the lack of plastics it's going to be really exposed to the elements. I was asking if anyone knew of some really durable heat shrink.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2103 Post(s)

Are you talking about when I said I was missing my plastics? By "plastics" I meant all of the underside plastic on the car that protects the engine bay from spray and whatnot. Due to the ****** alternator location and the lack of plastics it's going to be really exposed to the elements. I was asking if anyone knew of some really durable heat shrink.
    oh i see what you're saying, regular heatshrink is fine just tape it up as well. i wouldnt run cheap cca wire under the hood at all, ofc is fine it usually has a good casing and corrosion resistance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

oh i see what you're saying, regular heatshrink is fine just tape it up as well. i wouldnt run cheap cca wire under the hood at all, ofc is fine it usually has a good casing and corrosion resistance
    It's 2/0 Flex-a-Prene welding cable. It has a pretty sturdy casing on it, I'm just a bit paranoid. With a run that short I should be able to get enough tape on it to ease my mind.

Those Raptor terminals I bought off of you look nice by the way. You wouldn't happen to have a box of fuse holders laying around too, would ya?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2103 Post(s)

It's 2/0 Flex-a-Prene welding cable. It has a pretty sturdy casing on it, I'm just a bit paranoid. With a run that short I should be able to get enough tape on it to ease my mind.

Those Raptor terminals I bought off of you look nice by the way. You wouldn't happen to have a box of fuse holders laying around too, would ya?
    something like that you're usually better off getting on amazon. i like this type, they're usually less than $10:http://www.amazon.com/DS18-FHSANL200...7DMFNSH7B6XMR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

something like that you're usually better off getting on amazon. i like this type, they're usually less than $10:Robot Check
    Yeah, I was joking around a bit. I've got a couple of DB link holders sitting in my amazon cart right now. One vanished on me and I also miscounted a by a fuse doing my write up. I always forget something along the way. Thanks for your help man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65